|Directed by||Antti Jokinen|
by Katja Kettu
|Distributed by||Nordisk Film|
|Languages||Finnish, German, Russian|
Wildeye (Finnish: Kätilö), also known as Finland 1944, is a Finnish romantic war drama film directed by Antti Jokinen. It is an adaptation of Finnish author Katja Kettu's bestselling 2011 novel The Midwife (Kätilö) set before and during Lapland War. The film stars Krista Kosonen and Lauri Tilkanen with Pirkka-Pekka Petelius, Leea Klemola, Seppo Pääkkönen, Elina Knihtilä, Tommi Korpela, and Johannes Brotherus in supporting roles. The film tells the story about a love affair between a Lapp midwife and a SS officer set against the backdrop of the Lapland War, which opposed Finnish and German armies in 1944–45. The film won the Best Film and the Best Actress awards at the 2015 Waterloo International Historical Film Festival and the Best Actress award at the 2015 Shanghai International Film Festival.
- Krista Kosonen as Helena
- Lauri Tilkanen as Johannes
- Pirkka-Pekka Petelius as Jouni
- Leea Klemola as Aune
- Seppo Pääkkönen as Björne
- Elina Knihtilä as Heta
- Tommi Korpela as a Nazi SS officer Gödel
- Johannes Brotherus as Aleksei
Principal photography began in Lithuania on 13 May 2014. Krista Kosonen who plays female lead, Helena, cut her hair on camera for the role. She also learned Finnish dialect from Katja Kettu's novel. Many cast members change their physical appearances; Tommi Korpela lost 44 pounds for his role as a SS officer; Elina Knihtilä lost 22 pounds for her character Heta, prisoner of war. On 10 April 2015 Jokinen informed in an interview that the production of the film was finished and that the film was complete.
|Golden Goblet Award for Best Actress||21 June 2015||Best Actress||Krista Kosonen||Won|||
- ""Katilo", 2014". Nordic Productions. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "WILDEYE (KÄTILÖ)". Cinando. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Antti J. Jokisen Kätilö-elokuvan kuvaukset alkavat Liettuassa tänään". Solar Films (in Finnish). Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Krista Kososen hiukset kynittiin kameran edessä - katso kuva". Ilta-Sanomat (in Finnish). Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Tommi Korpela laihdutti natsiupseerin roolia varten 20 kiloa - katso kuva!". Ilta-Sanomat (in Finnish). Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Elina Knihtilä laihdutti roolia varten – yli 10 kiloa lähti". Ilta-Sanomat (in Finnish). Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Antti J. Jokisen Kätilö valmistui: "Koskettava projekti"". Iltalehti (in Finnish). Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- "Golden Goblet Award Winners of the 18th Shanghai International Film Festival". Shanghai International Film Festival. 21 June 2015. Retrieved 22 June 2015.