|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Nigeria page.
|Archives: 1, 2|
|WikiProject Africa / Nigeria||(Rated Project-class)|
|This WikiProject's subject is featured in the Outline of Nigeria, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, comprise Wikipedia's Outline of knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
Join the Months of African Cinema Global Contest!
Ýou can opt-out of this annual reminder from The Afrocine Project by removing your username from this list
Women in Africa contest
March is the third and final month of Women in Red's focus on biographies of African women in our Women in Africa contest. Up to now, around a hundred articles have been contributed but with your collaboration, we hope to have many more.--Ipigott (talk) 11:54, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you Ipigott for the heads up. Good job you are doing! HandsomeBoy (talk) 05:33, 20 March 2021 (UTC)
FAR for Chinua Achebe
I have nominated Chinua Achebe for a featured article review here. Please join the discussion on whether this article meets featured article criteria. Articles are typically reviewed for two weeks. If substantial concerns are not addressed during the review period, the article will be moved to the Featured Article Removal Candidates list for a further period, where editors may declare "Keep" or "Delist" the article's featured status. The instructions for the review process are here. Z1720 (talk) 21:10, 17 March 2021 (UTC)
- I legit thought the article was already a featured article.HandsomeBoy (talk) 05:36, 20 March 2021 (UTC)
Community Notification: Nigeria Expedition
I wish to inform Wikiproject Nigeria of the proposed Nigeria Expedition; a project to promote travel information and tourism in Nigeria by improving existing and create new articles about cities, villages, geographical areas/regions, churches, monasteries, buildings, schools on the English Wikipedia and Wikivoyage. See the details of the project by using the link to the grant:  If you would love to join and participate, please feel free to leave a message on my talk page. Thank you. Timmylegend (talk) 02:38, 23 March 2021 (UTC)
- @Timmylegend: This is a good one. I am particularly interested in the "cities" and "villages" gap, this one of area that needs content. So many Nigerian cities and villages with substantial populations do not have articles. I can help with suggesting articles to be created in this area. HandsomeBoy (talk) 08:11, 23 March 2021 (UTC)
Hausa and Igbo don’t have articles on this, apparently only Yoruba does. Bokoharamwatch (talk) 20:24, 24 March 2021 (UTC) Ps neither do Igbo and Hausa, for Covid pandemic; only Yoruba, again, and Fulani. The more languages the better, needless to say.
- @Bokoharamwatch: Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the WikiProject. Pinging some Hausa and Igbo editors for their inputs. Blossom Ozurumba, Ammarpad. HandsomeBoy (talk) 07:32, 28 March 2021 (UTC)
PEOPLE FROM IHIALA
Professor Jude-Kennedy Emejulu - First Neurosurgeon in the South-East of Nigeria.
- @18.104.22.168: with over 300 citations on Google Scholar, I was expecting to see some coverage on Google news, I was surprised to find none. Being the first Igbo neurosurgeon sounds promising, but I will be more comfortable interpreting auto-notability if he was the first in Nigeria. Can you find coverage in reliable sources? Even if they are not independent coverage, because all I am seeing are primary sources.HandsomeBoy (talk) 12:27, 14 April 2021 (UTC)
Community Notification: Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021 at Kwara
Dear all, This is a notification that a grant submission has been made for Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021 at Kwara. A project with the aim of engaging existing editors and training new editors on adding of relevant photos to existing articles. Details of the proposal can be found in the link below [] Godstime Elijah (talk) 13:34, 7 May 2021 (UTC)
Checked, but so far no article. How to fix this? For this I want to use the Eq Guinea blast, Goma eruptions and Dana air crash as models. All okay to create? Bokoharamwatch (talk) 18:29, 28 May 2021 (UTC)
- @User:Bokoharamwatch I created the article at 2021 Nigerian boat disaster and nominated it at Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates#Nigeria boat accident. Abcmaxx (talk) 23:52, 1 June 2021 (UTC) Yeah, I've just seen it - thanks; has it been moved, though? Bokoharamwatch (talk) 17:37, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
New kidnapping as of today. If nobody does it, will take in next few hrs. Thx! Bokoharamwatch (talk) 10:25, 31 May 2021 (UTC) Clarification this is the Tegina kidnaping.... Bokoharamwatch (talk) 17:40, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
By the way, his birthplace is given as either Yobe - fro village where he took his name, or even outside Nigeria (likely Rep of Niger). Anyone care to educate?? Do we make article about said village? Bokoharamwatch (talk) 07:07, 7 June 2021 (UTC)
I wish to inform you all about my proposed MES2021 Photographs project.
Thanks for your support.
Nyanardsan came across this article earlier and mentioned it on Discord, which led to a discussion trying to figure out if the flag is actually real. None of the sources currently on the page are reliable, and the only source that goes beyond a bare assertion (the crwflags.com one) is talking about a different entity. The state website doesn't seem to have the flag, and the ministers' pictures all have just the Nigerian flag behind them.
A few questions for anyone who knows:
- Is the flag currently in the article real?
- If it's fake, does the state have a different flag or no flag?
- If it's real, is there some reliable source that shows or describes the flag?
(courtesy-ping Cordyceps-Zombie as article creator)