This page has been developed by the Wikipedia:WikiProject Biography to be a list of the most important biographies in WP as a way to have a work list of articles to improve. Any such list will be subjective and unlikely to find universal agreement.
Currently, this is being used as a worklist for the Version 1.0 Editorial Team. The live worklist can be found at Wikipedia:Version 1.0 Editorial Team/Biographies. It is essentially a work list for anyone who chooses to use it. The main idea is to pick an article towards the bottom of the list and bring it to as close to featured status as possible. Criteria for inclusion is below and must meet the definition for Top.
For placement on this list, consider the following criteria.
- Top/Core - Must have had a large impact outside of their main discipline, across several generations, and in the majority of the world. For instance, Einstein, brilliant physicist, but his theories have affected people outside of physics and in many other countries besides his nation of origin and several generations. His ideas have changed the way people think. No member should give this rating to any biography without first getting Project approval from the other members.
For an understanding of how "Top" relates to potential lower-importance categories, keep this in mind, as it might help decide if a biography is really "Top" or "High," etc.:
- High - Must have had a large impact in their main discipline, across a couple of generations. Had some impact outside their country of origin.
- Mid - Important in their discipline
- Low - A contributor to their discipline and is included in Wikipedia to expand depth of knowledge of other articles.
- The following list is transcluded from Wikipedia:WikiProject Biography/Core biographies/list
- The following table is transcluded from User:WP 1.0 bot/Tables/Project/Biography (core)
See WikiProject Biography/Assessment for guidance on assessing the quality of biography articles.
|Biography (core) pages by quality|