This page is designed to be a collection of resources and links useful to New Page Patrollers (NPP).
- New Pages feed
- NPP Tutorial (Tutorial discussion)
- NPP Discussion
- NPP School
- Curation Tool Help
- Curation tool wishlist (Curation tool wishlist discussion)
- Newsletters and coordination
Also refered to as Subject Notability Guidelines (SNG)
- Academic (also known as: NPROF, PROF, SCHOLAR, ACADEMIC, TEACHER)
- Astronomical objects (also known as: NASTRO)
- Books (also known as: NBOOK, BK, NB)
- Events (also known as: N(E), EVENT, NEWSEVENT, NNEWS, NEVENTS)
- Films (also known as: NFILM, NOTFILM, NF, FILMNOT, MOVIE)
- Geographic features (also known as NGEO, NGEOG, NGEOGRAPHY, NFEAT)
- Music (also known as NMG, NMUSIC, NM)
- Numbers (also known as WINI, NUMBER)
- Organizations and companies (also known as ORG, CORP, NCORP, GROUP, COMPANY)
- People (also known as BIO, NBIO, PERSON, PEOPLE, BLPNOTE)
- Sports (also known as ATH, ATHLETE, NSPORT, NSPORTS)
- Web (also known as WEB, NWEB, WEBPAGE, WEBSITE, WEBNOTE)
- Articles for Deletion - community discussion
- Speedy deletion - obvious cases for deletion
- Proposed deletion - obvious cases for deletion that do not meet the Speedy deletion criteria
- Today's deletion discussions
- Deleting BLPs
- Guide on participating at AfD
- About the NPP (Reviewer) PERM
- List of those with the NPP (does not include sysops who also have the PERM)
- Current NPR PERM requests
- Description of Autopatrolled
- Current Autopatrolled requests
- List of those with autopatrol (does not include sysops who also have the PERM)
- Redirect autopatrol psuedoperm
- Current redirect autopatrol requests
- List of those with the redirect autopatrol psuedoperm (does not include SYSOPS and those with regular Autopatrolled)
Gadgets and user scripts
- Twinkle - Variety of useful tools. Configure Twinkle to log your CSDs and PRODs.
- HotCat - For adding categories to pages.
- MarkBlocked - Strikes out blocked usernames. Helps you know when to check for CSD G5.
Core User Scripts
- User:Bradv/Scripts/Superlinks.js(info) – adds links at the top right of each page to quickly view windowed history, talk, page logs, etc. Note the link to the NPP flowchart on unreviewed new pages, which opens in a sub-window and contains clickable links.
- User:Lourdes/PageCuration.js(info) – adds a link to Special:NewPagesFeed at the top of the page near 'sandbox'.
- User:Writ Keeper/Scripts/deletionFinder.js – Adds links next to article titles to indicate when an article was previously deleted. Helps you know when to check for CSD G4.
- User:Evad37/MoveToDraft.js(info) – tool for easily moving pages to draft.
- User:DannyS712/copyvio-check.js(info) – Automatically checks the copyvio percentage of new pages in the background and displays this info with a link to the report in the 'info' panel of the Page curation toolbar.
- User:Evad37/rater.js(info) – tool for quickly adding Wikiproject templates to talk pages.
- User:Enterprisey/cv-revdel.js(info) – tool for easily selecting revisions for copyright violation tagging.
Other Useful Scripts
- User:Þjarkur/Highlight homographs in title.js(info) - Catch sneaky people trying to recreate deleted articles using look-alike characters from foreign alphabets.
- User:Bradv/SearchLinks.js – adds links to various search engines to quickly look for sourcing in the left side toolbox.
- User:DannyS712/Logs.js(info) – Add an easy link to a page's logs, to check for previous deletions, move-to-drafts, etc.
- User:DannyS712/New pages feed.js(info) – Add an easy link to the new pages feed, directly below the "recent changes" link in Vector.
- User:Danski454/stubsearch.js(info) or User:SD0001/StubSorter.js(info) (whichever you prefer) – tools for looking up and adding stub tags.
- User:Enterprisey/delsort.js(info) – tool for sorting AfD discussions.
- User:Insertcleverphrasehere/copyvios.js – adds a link to the 'more' menu that opens Earwigs copyright violation tool in a new tab.
- User:Music1201/MyCSD.js - Adds a CSD log link to your topbar.
- User:Novem Linguae/Scripts/CiteHighlighter.js(info) - Highlights references green, yellow, or red depending on their rating in the new page patrol source guide, WikiProjects, and other places.
- User:Novem Linguae/Scripts/DetectSNG.js - Scans a list of 1,600 SNG keywords such as "National Football League" and, if found, displays them at the top of the article page, to help with determining SNG eligibility.
- User:Novem Linguae/Scripts/NotSoFast.js - In Special:NewPagesFeed, highlights articles newer than 15 minutes red and newer than 1 hour yellow, to remind you not to patrol them yet.
- User:Novem Linguae/Scripts/NPPLinks.js(info) - Adds WP:BEFORE, copyvio check, duplicate article check, and other useful New Page Patrol links to the left menu.
- User:Novem Linguae/Scripts/WatchlistAFD.js - Automatically adds to your watchlist any article you NPP "mark as reviewed" or AFC accept, so you can see if they get AFD'd.
- User:Sam Sailor/Scripts/WRStitle.js(info) - Adds a Wikipedia reference search (WRS) link to articles, to assist with Googling for reliable sources. WRS is a Google custom search engine that only searches reliable sources.
- User:SD0001/W-Ping.js – Allows you to set a reminder to appear on your watchlist about a page
- User:TheJosh/Scripts/NewPagePatrol.js(info) or User:Bradv/Scripts/Powerbar.js(info) (whichever you prefer) – Adds a simplified on-screen new pages feed on the left or right of the page (respectively).
- User:Writ Keeper/Scripts/googleTitle.js - Adds Google links to articles, to assist with Googling sources.
- Template:Sentnote-NPF - Comment left to article creator while reviewing
- Template:Taggednonote-NPF - Notice of improvement tags to article creator
- Template:Unreviewednonote-NPF - Notice to NPP editor after unreviewing a reviewed article
- Template:Unreviewednote-NPF - Notice to NPP editor after unreviewing a reviewed article with comment
- Template:AfD-notice-NPF - Nominated as a Article for Deletion (AfD)
- Template:RFDNote-NPF - Nominated as a Redirect for discussion (RfD)
- Template:ProdwarningBLP-NPF - Nominated for Biography of Living Persons proposed deletion (BLPPROD)
- Template:Proposed deletion notify-NPF - Nominated for Proposed deletion (PROD)
- Template:Db-notice-multiple-NPF - Multiple speedy deletion criteria
- Template:Db-nonsense-notice-NPF - WP:G1 - Patent nonsense
- Template:Db-test-notice-NPF - G2 - Test page
- Template:Db-vandalism-notice-NPF - G3 - Vandalism or hoax
- Template:Uw-repost-NPF - G4 Recreation of a page that was deleted per a deletion discussion
- Template:Db-author-notice-NPF - G7 - Author request
- Template:Db-attack-notice-NPF - G10 - Pages that disparage, threaten, intimidate, or harass their subject or some other entity, and serve no other purpose
- Template:db-negublp-notice - G10 - for articles about living persons that are unsourced, entirely negative in tone, and have no neutral version to revert to
- Template:Spam-warn-NPF - G11 - Spam/Promotional
- Template:Nothanks-sd-NPF - G12 - Copyright
- Template:Db-disambig-notice-NPF - G14 - Unnecessary disambiguation Note: Labeled as G6 in the toolbar
- Template:Nocontent-warn-NPF - A1 - No context
- Template:Db-foreign-notice-NPF - A2 - Foreign language articles that exist on another Wikimedia project
- Template:Nocontent-warn-NPF - A3 - No content
- Template:Db-transwiki-notice-NPF - A5 - Transwikied articles
- Template:Db-notability-notice-NPF - A7 - No indication of importance (people, animals, organizations, web content, events)
- Template:Db-a9-notice-NPF - A9 - No indication of importance (musical recording)
- Template:Db-a10-notice-NPF - A10 - Recently created article that duplicates an existing topic
- Template:Db-invented-notice-NPF - A11 - Obviously invented
- Template:CSD R2-warn-NPF - R2 - Cross-namespace redirect
- Template:Redirtypo-warn-NPF - R3 - Implausible Typo
Articles for Creation (AfC)
- AfC feed
- AfC intro
- AfC discussion
- AfC Helper script
- List of those with the AfC psuedoperm (allows use of the helper script)
- Current AfC psuedoperm requests
- Future of NPP and AfC