|Compliance||Educational document released by a voluntary committee of Geologists to improve understanding of Geology in the Cape Town area.|
|Compliance||No link to original wiki or mention of GFDL. No obvious place for contact information Pictures and link apparently removed.|
- Site: pandapedia.com
- Example: pandapedia.com/wiki/Albania
- Says: Retrieved from "http:/wiki/Albania"
- Page ends with This article is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License with links to http://www.wikipedia.org and to local mirror of GNU Free Documentation License article
- As of 16:37, 9 July 2007 (UTC)
- Now no content but says "Technical problems, please revisit or click here for complain. Thanks! Or try to see at http:/wiki/Albania" --Rumping (talk) 07:37, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- Site: www.pantheon.org
- Articles "by Micha F. Lindemans" are mirrors of out of<A title="Online Dating" style="COLOR: #65b45c; TEXT-DECORATION: underline" href="http://220.127.116.11/cgi-bin/ezlclk.fcgi?id=6718" target=_blank> date </A>versions of all mythology related articles. Actually, the articles predate the original entries in Wikipedia and have been copied by users without proper notice.
- With stub notices and images etc. removed
- Especially noticeable with articles that were confused - e.g. Banebdjed and Ba (now corrected in Wikipedia) - Ba (capital B) on Pantheon is described as if a totally different entity to Banebdjed, even though Ba is said to be in Mendes. No Egyptologist would ever make this mistake - Banebdjed means "Ba of the lord ('neb') of djed", and "djed" is the old name for Mendes, but Wikipedia used to have the "Ba of Mendes" and "Banebdjed" as different gods, which is exactly how Pantheon.org has it.
- It even has the early version of Chem, something totally obviously wrong to anyone with any competence in the field (e.g. Chem = Ham and wears a womans dress. No. Chem is a misreading of "Min", and never wore a womans dress, although female deities were sometimes depicted as Min (including phallus), though always identifiable as to who they were). This error is very unlikely to be made without copying Wikipedia.
- N.b. w.r.t. Egyptian mythology, the articles have been updated substantially in Wikipedia since April, so may no longer correspond.
- Claims exclusive copyright, not GDFL, all rights reserved
|Sample||http://www.paralumun.com/artgraf.htm; see Talk:Graffiti in the United States.|
|Compliance||No link to original wiki or mention of CC-By-SA.|
|Compliance||This appears to be a complete dump of Wikipedia based on the last modified date on the front page. There is a disclaimer at the top that "This is NOT the Wikipedia - The content is from the Wikipedia". However, only the last entry of the history is copied and there is no link to the original article, which means it is violating the GFDL. Also, the link to the GFDL is broken because only main namespace is copied. There are other violations. For example, the title of documents is not changed in contradiction of 4.A. of the GFDL.|
|Contact info||cernik AT freewar.de|
|Actions||Sent standard violation letter. Superm401 - Talk 02:07, 22 January 2006 (UTC). Received reply stating "Thank you for your advise. We will do so as soon as possible." Superm401 - Talk 05:52, 22 January 2006 (UTC)|
|Compliance||Links GFDL and original Wikipedia article on every page|
- Example gives 404 not found. Front page has Wikipedia logo and "Official partner". Site linked from http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Collection --Rumping (talk) 07:41, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
|Compliance||Links to both Wikipedia and GFDL, makes it quite clear that content is from Wikipedia.|
|Compliance||"Content released under GFD-Licence" with a link to the article about the GFDL, not directly to an actual license text and links the corresponding Wikipedia articles on each page.|
|Compliance||No mention of copyright, authors or license. Small link at the bottom "more information on en.wikipedia.org" which doesn't acknowledge Wikipedia as source. Requires login for some content.|
|Compliance||Mentions Wikipedia as a source, includes a link to Wikipedia and CC BY-SA 4.0.|
- Site: PRC People's Daily
- Uses at least one Wikipedia article (basically unchanged: The Profile there = our article at the time of their copying)
- No mention of GFDL
- No mention of Wikipedia, instead says the ridiculous thing of "Source: Agencies"
- Contact: This?
- I posted a message. --mav 10:45, 4 Jan 2004 (UTC)
- Wikipedians Montrealais and Menchi basically wrote that article from scratch, so it is original, to Wikipedia. I'd know, I'm Menchi and I think I know Montrealais well enough.
- Well, if we ever had spare lawyers and wanted publicity, "Wikipedia sues Chinese government for copyright infringement" would be hilarious. =] --Delirium 12:29, Feb 6, 2004 (UTC)
|Compliance||No link to original wiki or mention of GFDL.|
|Actions||Site has scraped the pairs of name/RGB value for various colour articles from en.wiki; not primarily an IP problem, but much of the original en.wiki content was badly-sourced or made up, so perbang.dk should not be used as a source for future edits to colour articles; it should be treated like other mirrors.|
|Compliance||links to GFDL at en.wikipedia.org|
|Compliance||contains hyperlinks to Wikipedia|
|Contact info||webform at http://perltoday.com/?page_id=2|
I was using WP and suddenly found I was not using WP but this site, which asked me to log in, but appeared exactly like WP and correctly searched for WP articles for editing. This may be a phishing site that was invaded WP. Peterkingiron 17:01, 10 June 2007 (UTC)
|Compliance||Offsite GFDL but otherwise fine.|
|Contact info||Contact form at http://pharma-help.com/contact-us|
- Site: phillywire.com
- No mention/link to GFDL in some articles
No mention of wikipedia Instead _they_ claim copyright of the article(s)
- Examples: , , 
- They didn't list an email address to contact them, so I sent the standard GFDL vio letter to webmaster AT phillywire.com and admin AT phillywire.com --snoyes 04:46, 1 Dec 2003 (UTC)
- Reply received: It is being worked on. --snoyes 17:43, 9 Dec 2003 (UTC)
- Seems to be in 'almost' compliance now: Mentions Wikipedia, mentions GNU/FDL, links to article, links to GNU/FDL. Only minus points: says the article "uses material from" the Wikipedia article, where it seems to be copying almost-verbatim, and GNU/FDL is linked at gnu.org (can we propose to GNU to allow that for the next version?) Andre Engels 01:41, 17 Jan 2004 (UTC)
- Site: Phobia Finder
- Uses content of -phobia, with minor editing.
- No mention of Wikipedia
- No mention of GFDL
- Affiliated with Biography Finder.
|Compliance||Looks like a complete mirror. Notice that article is from Wikipedia and local link to GFDL (as part of larger document) on every page. They do not include a history section or link to original Wikipedia article. However, there are instructions in the copyright page for reaching the original Wikipedia article.|
|Contact info||twfhc4zcxxgw9q AT protectfly.com (protected whois), http://www.registerfly.com/info/contact.php (registrar contact form)|
|Actions||Emailed the registrar. Said they'll respond in a few hours; if they really do, I'll post details then. Superm401 - Talk 00:46, 6 November 2005 (UTC)|
|Sample||http://www.pianoparadise.com/vivaldi.html (appears to be this version (January 2004) of our article)|
|Compliance||Complete lack of compliance. No mention of Wikipedia, no mention of GFDL, no links; a few dozen of our composer bios are used.|
|Contact info||composer_biography AT pianoparadise.com|
|Actions||Sent standard email to above address, March 18, 2006, but the email bounced. I've done nothing further. JamesMLane t c 15:13, 18 March 2006 (UTC)|
|Compliance||Claim copyright of material lifted from Wikipedia.|
- Example: Albania at http://pinkjustis.info/Albania
- No obvious mention of Wikipedia
- No obvious mention of GFDL
- Says "Copyright www.pinkjustis.info 2006"
- As of 21:29, 24 March 2007 (UTC) --Henrygb
- Site: www.plantconnect.com
- Example: www.plantconnect.com/plantconnect/mod.php?mod=plantpedia&title=London
- States "This is an extract from Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia" with link to www.wikipedia.org
- No obvious mention of or link to GFDL
- No obvious link to original article
- Ends with "Copyright � Total CAD Management 2002-2003 /m/0.59"
- Copy of Main Page at http://www.plastic-dream-girl.com/fetishportal/enzyklopaedia.php
- Mentions Wikipedia but no obvious link
- No obvious mention of GFDL
- Various copyright claims
- As of 01:41, 16 December 2005 (UTC), --Henrygb
|Sample||http://www.playfuls.com/news_05964_Nintendo_Signs_Exclusive_Contract_with_AP_for_Wii_News_Channel_.html from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wii_Channels&oldid=103227525|
|Compliance||They have responded to the followup email I sent. The article in question now has a link to the Wikipedia article, has been reworded to remove most or all of the verbatim copying, and has been placed under the GFDL. If there is any Wikipedia copying in other articles, I am unaware of it.|
|Contact info||mail AT playfuls.com|
|Actions||Two emails sent; they responded to the second.|
- They are also using images from Wikipedia in many places without proper attribution. See for example Image:Map of USA MD.svg , Image:Jammu_and_Kashmir_locator_map.svg  Image:LocationMorocco striped.png --Pharos 21:51, 10 April 2007 (UTC)
- Site: 
- Plastic surgery related pages
- No compliance.
- Site: Plastics
- The wiki about plastics & polymers
- Links to Wikipedia and local copy of GFDL at the bottom of each article used
|Compliance||No attribution or aknowledgement of original contributors, no mention of or link to Wikipedia. Claims copyright to "Plumbot LLC", all rights reserved.|
|Actions||Initial contact made to above address.|
|Compliance||No attribution, no mention or link to Wikipedia. Every poet's biography appears to be duplicated from Wikipedia - uses at least month old local copy. Does not claim copyright.|
|Actions||Initial contact made|
|Compliance||Mentions Wikipedia, no copyright notice|
Pontefract Young Farmers
|Compliance||No mention of Wikipedia or the GFDL, no history pages. The site has every page on Wikipedia, including non-mainspace and special pages, and synchronizes them with Wikipedia every few seconds. All content exactly duplicated from Wikipedia without any attribution, credit, or mention.|
|Contact info||Only contact information available is info AT pontefract-yfc.co.uk|
|Actions||No actions taken yet.|
Pop Stars Plus
- Site: PopStarsPlus.com
- Includes link to Wikipedia and separate link to original article prominently at top of each article. Also includes "Date copied article: Month Day, Year"
- WP articles do not appear on all pages - the site includes original articles as well.
- Links to Wikipedia and local copy of GFDL at the bottom of each article used
|Description||complete mirror of Wikipedia, see "compliance"|
|Compliance||Complete mirror of Wikipedia, e.g. Main page at http://www.popflock.com/learn?s=Main_page.
No bogus copyright claims, clear footer "This article uses material from the Wikipedia page available here. It is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0" with appropriate links; each image links its file description on the original domain.
On non-copyright matters:
|Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (source: contact form on popflock.com).|
WHOIS registry for the domain "popflock.com":
Registrant Name: Daniel Yonts
Registrant Organization: DefaultLogic.com
Registrant Street: 5600 Bridle Glen Dr
Registrant City: Sugar Hill
Registrant State/Province: Georgia
Registrant Postal Code: 30518
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.8043068585
|Actions||No action has been taken yet.|
Popular Dance: From Ballroom to Hip-Hop
|Sample||Scroll to page 127.|
|Rating||"Low/None" compliance with GFDL.|
|Compliance||In the "Chronology" chapter of this book, on page 127, there is an entry for the year 2007 that appears to be almost an exact copy of the information that was in our History of hip-hop dance article here (scroll to 2007). This information is now in Hip-hop dance#Education but it was first added to Wikipedia on August 23, 2009 and then moved into a chronological table on August 24, 2009. The Popular Dance book was printed in June 2010 according to the information on page 4.|
|Contact info||Chealsea House/Infobase Publishing; 132 West 31st St.; New York, New York, 10001|
|Actions||None. Considering this is an actual book instead of a website I feel that a violation letter should come from someone above me on the Wikipedia corporate ladder.|
- Site: Nextopia: PortalJuice
- Uses full site, for "vertically focused Web search technology"; calls this Encyclopedia (BETA) project
- Removes "from Wikipedia"
- Links to Wikipedia and local copy of GFDL on each page
- Site: PortalJuice.com
- Links to GFDL
- Acknowledges wikipedia
--Fritzlein 06:31, 5 Jul 2004 (UTC)
Moved from main page --Davelane 12:28, 14 Sep 2004 (UTC)
PostgreSQL General Bits
- Site: PostgreSQL General Bits
- Link to main page of Wikipedia
- Very small section of article about Edgar F. Codd (1 paragraph)
- No link to GFDL or the article
|Compliance||Includes links to Wikipedia, GDFL and CC-BY-SA|
Power Rangers Online
|Compliance||Pages only state that they were copied from Wikipedia|
|Contact info||See http://power-rangers-online.com/about_us.html|
|Compliance||Prominently mentions Wikipedia and links to original article (link says "edit Wikipedia article"). Does not mirror image description pages. Says, "All Wikipedia content is licensed under the GNU Free Document License or the Creative Commons CC-BY-SA license or is otherwise used here in compliance with the Copyright Act" which is too vague. All Wikipedia text is GFDL (except quotes), but not all images are under one of these licenses (and it doesn´t even say which version of CC-BY-SA). Links to offsite copy of GFDL (and CC-BY-SA 2.0).|
|Contact info||See http://www.powerset.com/contact/
email@example.com (general email)
|Description||Directory hosted by World Biographical Encyclopedia Inc., possibly related to Bajografik Enciklopedia in Minsk, an organisation whose network has been used to edit Wikipedia pages about Prabook. Valery Tsepkalo is the founder of Prabook.|
|Compliance||No mention of Wikipedia. User-edited content. Pages include claim of copyright to Prabook.|
- Site 
- Mentions GFDL and links to source. appears to be a full mirror of everything includeing userpages.
- Example www.prescriptiondrug-info.com/drug_information_online.asp?title=Cliff_Richard
- Ends with "This article is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License) | Source" with links to GFDL at gnu.org and to original article
|Compliance||This is a general purpose site that allows users to specify subsets of articles to render for printing.
|Contact info||http://support.printfriendly.com/ , http://support.printfriendly.com/customer/portal/emails/new|
Project Gutenberg Self-Publishing Press
|Description||Self publishing site which takes numerous articles from World Heritage Encyclopedia (another mirror)|
|Compliance||Gives a link to wikipedia as the 'citational source', but attribution given to bed-fellow mirror 'World Heritage Encyclopedia'. Page footers implies bed-fellow mirror "World Public Library" owns copyright to the content.|
|Contact info||online form only at http://self.gutenberg.org/Suggestions.aspx (Identical form to that at WP:Mirrors_and_forks/Vwxyz#World_Public_Library)|
- Site: pro-researcher.co.uk
- Mentions and links to the GFDL
- States "Showing data from: Wikipedia - the free online encyclopaedia." on the front page
- Links to source wikipedia articles
- Posted by website owner to assess for compliance
- acknowledges Wikipedia at the top and bottom of each article Manning
- No history section.
- Medium compliance.
Playstation 3 Market
|Compliance||Unattributed copy/paste from earlier version of Playstation 3, including footnote references (but not the footnotes themselves)|
|Compliance||Attributes Wikipedia and links to local GFDL.|
- Site: pub.eu
- Example: pub.eu/ploughmans_lunch_en.html
- States the actual descriptive text portion of the article is subject to GDFL
- Has web addresses to original article (retrieval date: 2007-05-27) and text of GDFL at Wikipedia, though not hyperlinks.
- States (c) Ovidio Limited 2006-2009.
Public Domain art
- Site: Public Domain art
- Uses a part of the article about Public Domain (1 paragraph)
- Mentions Wikipedia with no link
- Contains a section of the Fair Use Doctrine of the U.S. Copyright Act, stating something about "fair use", but no GFDL Link.
- More than one paragraph, AFAICT. Martin 10:22, 29 Aug 2003 (UTC)
Public Domain Content Encyclopedia
- Site Public Domain Content Encyclopedia
- Uses articles without attribution to WP, link to the WP article or link to the GFDL
- Mentions WP and GFDL only on bottom of front page
- See also this note: 
- Administrator associated with scraper sites/link farms
Public School Review
|Sample||Their use of the Oakton High School article|
|Rating||"Medium" to "High" compliance with GFDL (matches Wikipedia:GFDL Compliance).|
|Compliance||Takes Wikipedia school articles verbatim and copy/pastes them into their own site. Contacted them to cite the Westfield High School (Fairfax County, Virginia) article, which they did. Have asked them to comply for all of their site.|
|Contact info||jcolayco AT publicschoolreview.com, information AT publicschoolreview.com|
|Actions||Two emails sent to comply for the Westfield High School article. A third email sent asking for the entire site to comply. Awaiting response|
|Sample||"improved" wikipedia article|
|Compliance||Takes Wikipedia wikipedia content and "improving" it with capitalizing all words and adding vulgar words into the articles. Links for source and history are leading to the huwiki only.|
- Site .
- Biographies mirrored from WP -- credits WP but no mention of GFDL.
|Sample||http://www.qdoba.com/AskScoville1.aspx and Scoville scale#List of Scoville ratings|
|Compliance||All there is is COPYRIGHT 2009 QDOBA RESTAURANT INC|
|Contact info||this contact page. Lists phone numbers, address, and contact us form. If I got it right, ISP is Qwest. Phone is +1-877-886-6515. Abuse email is abuse AT qwest.net|
|Compliance||No mention of GFDL. No link to wikipedia. "Quarrel.Network © 2005 All Rights Reserved." Does have an image (not text) with the word "Wikipedia" at the top of the article|
|Contact info||Editor - webmaster AT quarrel.net|
- Example leads to "Wikipedia Unfortunately, no content could be extracted!"--Rumping (talk) 08:02, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
|Compliance||Duplicate of Snipview (same ip address)|
|Contact info||Same as Snipview - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Actions||For contacts, action taken see Wikipedia:Mirrors_and_forks/Stu#Snipview|
|Compliance||Credits Wikipedia, but GFDL link goes offsite & lacks links to original articles.|
|Contact info||Admin: Stephen Butler (steb AT stebsoft.com) ISP: EV1 Servers (domains AT ev1servers.net)|
More research requested
- Seems to be made by the same person as bird-center. JesseW 20:39, 11 August 2005 (UTC)
|Description||"Rankly is a social top list community. Create, share and discover top lists about the best stuff in life, like the best video games, movies, music, TV-series or makeup. On Rankly, anybody can create a top list, share it with their friends and see their list get ranked by friends and followers."|
|Compliance||On "best astronomer" list (mobile version), there is no text at all on the page indicating this is from Wikipedia. Created by a site user.|
|Sample||"About Rashad" section|
|Compliance||Entire sections copied from Rashad Evans. Includes "citation needed"-tags etc.|
|Contact email@example.com (manager of Evans, owns the domain) or firstname.lastname@example.org (webdesign)|
|Actions||Sendt mail. Sendt followup.|
- Site: http:Raspberry.news - advertising itself as a Dutch website for education, research, reports, articles and online encyclopedia
- The disclaimer mentions that
1,6. De informatie op de site Raspberry.news artikelen gratis verstrekt en gratis online bronnen (zoals Wikipedia en anderen) te gebruiken.
- Or translated, something like
1,6. The information on the site Raspberry.news articles free offered and free online sources (like Wikepedia and others) to use.
- It's not very clear what they mean with that line (the Dutch line is just as bad), but at least it sounds like they're using Wikipedia.
- Their page about DMCA is in English, and mentions things that they're using it all as fair use, and they're not subject to DMCA as they're based in China.
- An example of a copied article is the article about the Common pipistrelle or Gewone Dwergvleermuis. Which can be found on their site too. It's a literal copy of the Wikipedia article with no mention of the license or source. Many more such examples can be found.
Not yet contacted them as it doesn't sound they'll listen anyway (and I don't feel like getting involved in a Chinese lawsuit).
- Site: http://www.ratusan.com - selling jewelry
- Example:  - most of Albania article
- Page states "This article is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License." with link to local copy of GFDL
- No link to Wikipedia or original article
- Page ends with "Copyright © 2004 - 2005 www.ratusan.com"
- As of 00:04, 14 December 2005 (UTC) --Henrygb
Amusingly, loses many non-code-page-1252 characters. See Corneliu Baba example: "Iaşi" becomes "Iai"
|Contact info||jattsona [at] gmail.com|
|Actions||Standard letter sent by Calair 01:38, 3 February 2006 (UTC)|
- Redirects to searchportal.information.com with no obvious Wikipedia content --Rumping (talk) 08:10, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
|Compliance||Comprehensive mirror. CC BY-SA 3.0 License statement and link; Toolserver's list of contributors link. No clear attribution to Wikipedia, no links to original material. --Soujak (talk) 13:58, 11 August 2014 (UTC)|
|Contact info||Daniele Testa (owner, administrator and technical contact of the domain name); address: Stenbocksgatan 8, 50634, Borås, Sweden; Phone: +46.500400500; email: email@example.com. --Soujak (talk) 13:58, 11 August 2014 (UTC)|
|Actions||None taken. --Soujak (talk) 13:58, 11 August 2014 (UTC)|
|Compliance||GFDL clearly stated on footer section. All back-link to original articles on Wikipedia are properly written.|
|Compliance||Clearly this one article (Curtis Mayfield) was copied without credit. I haven't looked to see if the site copies anything else. - Jmabel|
|Compliance||Links to the CC-BY-SA license and the general disclaimer and acknowledges Wikipedia but does not include a hyperlink back to the original article. PleaseStand (talk) 03:50, 10 October 2011 (UTC)|
|Actions||Sent standard violation letter to above e-mail. Acather96 (talk) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Acather96 (talk • contribs) 06:01, 18 September 2010 (UTC)
Site owner replied on 2 October that he would bring his site into compliance within 3-4 days. As of now, the licensing information is on the "About Us" page. PleaseStand (talk) 01:48, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
The reader view of Wikipedia
|Compliance||Ok for text, bad for images.
|Sample||http://readtiger.com/wkp/en/Oblivion_%28roller_coaster%29 , https://readtiger.com/https/en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Hiking_in_the_Nordic_countries|
|Compliance||As of 2019:
|Actions||Standard violation step 1 letter sent. --Mdann52talk to me! 07:38, 18 June 2014 (UTC)|
|Compliance||Includes the Wikipedia:Copyrights#Example notice at the bottom of every Wiki-derived page: "This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article on foo"|
|Actions||emailed, now at Wikipedia:Copyrights#Example notice's medium level rating|
- This site is scraping Wikipedia in real time. Is that allowed? Who then was a gentleman? (talk) 18:57, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
|Compliance||Includes the following small print message at the bottom of every Wiki-derived page: "Wikitext content courtesy Wikipedia and the GNU Free Documentation License, click here to retrieve the original article from Wikipedia". Probably the only issue is the presence of a "Copyright ©1996-2005 metro.isp Inc & Sean Wenzel All rights reserved." notice just above the Wikipedia credit which makes it unclear that Wikipedia content is still copyright the Wikimedia foundation.|
|Compliance||Article includes substantial text identical to Burj Dubai, lacking any acknowledgment or citation, and bearing their own copyright: "(c) 2003 rediff.com India Limited. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed."|
|Contact info||couldn't find any|
Fredwerner 03:39, 10 June 2007 (UTC)
- Site: http://www.reference.com/
- Example: Article on "ipso facto"
- does not use infoboxes e.g. in article on "Albania"
- no Wikipedia graphics
- Acknowledges Wikipedia and links to Wikipedia:Copyrights
- also ends each page with its own "Copyright © 2005, Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved."
- Mentions and links to the GFDL at gnu.org
- Links to source Wikipedia article
- and to Wikipedia history page
- Links to edit Wikipedia article
- Links to Wikimedia Foundation donations page
|Sample||http://reportingpoint.net/54eda2f698c23b61.html vs https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Howard_Johnson_%28electrical_engineer%29&oldid=95729647|
|Compliance||No attribution whatsoever (no contact, either). Seems to have stopped updating, but articles are definitely from the English Wikipedia.|
|Contact info||couldn't find any|
|Description||Mirror which shows many wikipedia articles side by side.|
|Compliance||Credits and links the original Wikipedia article or file description for the content, license mentioned and linked: "Content from Wikipedia Licensed under CC-BY-SA". No mention of Wikipedia authors.|
- Site: http://www.rickygervais.com
- The page http://www.rickygervais.com/karlpilkington.php uses content from Karl Pilkington
- Source is mentioned: "from the online encyclopedia, Wikipedia..."
- Claims copyright of text: "copyright © Ricky Gervais 2004 - 2005"
- No mention of GFDL
- No link to original article
- No history section. Medium compliance. Uncle G 12:19, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
- Site: referenceencyclopedia.com
- Example: referenceencyclopedia.com/?title=Dollar_sign
- States: This page is based on the copyrighted Wikipedia article ( Dollar_sign ); it is used under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Links to Wikipedia and original article, and to GFDL at gnu.org
|Sample||http://www.river-styx.net/aztec.htm; compare Mictlantecuhtli|
|Compliance||This site contains a number of pages on mythological underworlds and deities, most if not all the text appearing is pieced together from a variety of wikipedia articles, alongside material apparently sourced from elsewhere. There is no visible link to or acknowledgement of wikipedia, or the GFDL, on any of the pages. The pages also contain a number of wikipedia imgs and photos, likewise uncredited. The site does acknowledge some sources of (non-wiki) material and imgs, although I suspect those tagged with "image courtesy of.." does not mean they've obtained explicit permission. Most likely an unwitting GFDL violation on the part of the website.|
|Contact info||info [at] river-styx [dot] net|
|Actions||none yet taken.|
|Compliance||Modified content from Wikipedia (removed sections, altered slightly) without a license mentioned anywhere. It is possible though unlikely that Wikipedia is instead using their content without permission; to verify this other biographies need ot be looked at|
|Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (not working)|
|Actions||none; depending on a Wikipedia administrator to contact|
|Compliance||I have no idea how much of the site is plagiarized from us, but the sample page I've given is clearly a series of plagiarisms from Wikipedia, perhaps all directly from the Romanian Wikipedia, perhaps some translated from others.|
|Contact info||By snail mail: Romanian-Portal.com; P.O. Box 957633; Hoffman Estates, IL 60195|
By E-mail: info AT Romanian-Portal.com
By phone/fax: 1-847-755-5584
|Sample||http://www.romwell.com/health/giardia_and_giardiasis.html; see Talk:Giardiasis and investigation|
|Rating||Unknown. While this page copies from us, I do not know if others do.|
- Page http://www.rootsweb.com/~albwgw/history.html largely copied from Albania.
- Ends with "Source: Wikipedia" and link to original article
- Probably a one-off page rather than a major mirror.
23:16, 10 December 2005 (UTC)
- Site: RSA article
- No visible link to current Wikipedia article
- no link to GFDL
- Standard letter sent by: ?
- It is an HTML copy of the print version so "Retrieved from "http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=RSA"" is on the page. But there still isn't a link to the GFDL. We really should add that to our print page template. --mav 02:19 24 Jul 2003 (UTC)
|Compliance||RC-related article fork, does neither mention Wikipedia nor GFDL|
|Compliance||Does neither mention Wikipedia nor GFDL|
|Contact info||Contact Us or|
|Actions||1) WHOIS 2) cc standard letter posted via webpage for "report abuse"  and sent as "infringing on a copyright" as the subject. They are listed as P.O. Box 6197, Denver, CO 80206, US Phone: +1.3037474010; however, this is just a holding company (www.protecteddomainservices.com) who provide "anonymous" domain name purchases to obfuscate any potential whois info for clients. 3) Form was completed, and a copy posted to rtbot.net via their "Contact us" page  on 30-07-2012. Unfortunately it seems the rtbot page is a scam, as it fails and directs to a dead mail page which states: "Sorry, but this form is no longer accepting submissions".
I have noticed that you are making use of English Wikipedia articles as part of your website, rtbot.net. One example is http://www.rtbot.net/belitung_shipwreck, which includes material from the Wikipedia article "Belitung Shipreck", which is located at http:/wiki/Belitung Shipwreck. Wikipedia encourages the redistribution of its content. However, it is necessary to comply with the terms of our primary license, the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). Failure to do so is a copyright violation. The text of the CC-BY-SA can be found at http:/wiki/WP:CC-BY-SA . That is the relevant legally binding document. However, Wikipedia does offer advice about how to comply with the CC-BY-SA. This can be found in detail at http:/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights . One of the most important steps is to mention the CC-BY-SA.
At the bottom of every page that uses Wikipedia material, you should include text similar to, "This page is based on the copyrighted Wikipedia article (put article name here); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA." You should link the text "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License" to a copy of the text of the CC-BY-SA. Also, you must link back to the original Wikipedia article.
I am the derivative copyright holder to the image used from the Belitung Shipwreck page, (the one with the red cross on it next to the island - copy of it http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Belitung_shipwreck_location.jpg) and creator of most of the content of the article, released to Wikipedia under the cc-by-sa licence.
Unfortunately you also have many other pages which include my work, including: Robot, Navlab, Beardmore Halford Pullinger, Philia culture, Particle Astrophysics Magnet Facility (http://www.rtbot.net/Particle_Astrophysics_Magnet_Facility), History of Norfolk, Norfolk, British Expeditionary Force (World War II), Sentry (AUV) (http://www.rtbot.net/Sentry_%28AUV%29), Roman Norfolk (http://www.rtbot.net/Roman_Norfolk), Ramona Milano, and hundreds of other where I have contributed, though in smaller part.'
There are thousands of other pages also used on your site which quote hundreds and thousands of editors whose work is also being used without accreditation. Please acknowledge receipt of this letter and I hope you will endeavour to fix this soon.
Thank you for your cooperation.
|Compliance||Pharmacology-related article fork, does neither mention Wikipedia nor GFDL
|Contact info||editor AT rxwiki.com, Mirixa Corporation 703-683-1955|