|Parent||International Data Group|
Webwereld was founded in 1995 by Oscar Kneppers, who got the idea after visiting Silicon Valley in the summer of that year. Another Dutch tech website Tweakers.net was founded in 1998 after Femme Taken concluded that the moderation on Webwereld was too strict.
In August 2011, Webwereld published about court documents in the Apple Inc. v. Samsung Electronics Co. lawsuit. In October 2011, Webwereld started Lektober (portmanteau of leak and October in Dutch) where they publicized about software vulnerabilities in well known Dutch websites. In 2011, Trans Link Systems considered suing Webwereld because they sold RFID writers that could be used for free traveling in Dutch public transport.
- "Oudste Nederlandse techsite Webwereld stopt ermee". RTL Nieuws (in Dutch). 2020-02-19. Retrieved 2021-05-18.
- "Tweakers 21 jaar: in gesprek met de oprichters". Tweakers.net (in Dutch). Retrieved 2021-05-18.
- "Apple's "Inaccurate Evidence" Debacle, Part 2: Smartphone Edition". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2021-05-19.
- "Elke dag een lek bij Webwereld". Nederlandse Omroep Stichting (in Dutch). Retrieved 2021-05-18.
- "TLS onderzoekt stappen tegen Webwereld.nl". NU.nl (in Dutch). 2011-02-16. Retrieved 2021-05-18.