|• Total||1.387 sq mi (3.59 km2)|
|• Land||1.376 sq mi (3.56 km2)|
|• Water||0.011 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||833 ft (254 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1576309|
Waukau is an unincorporated census-designated place in the town of Rushford, in Winnebago County, Wisconsin, United States. The community is located on Wisconsin Highway 116 at its south terminus at Wisconsin Highway 91. As of the 2010 census, its population is 255.
As of the census of 2000, the population of Waukau, Wisconsin was 178 people, 85 male and 93 female with a median age of 36.6, 9% under 5 years, 75.8% 18 years and over, and 11.2% 65 years and over.
Average household size was 2.54. Average family size was 3.00. Total housing units was 73, 95.9% occupied. Of those occupied, 81.4% were owner-occupied, 18.6% renter occupied. Vacant housing units were 4.1%.
The population 25 years and over was 127, 72.4% a high school graduate or higher, and 7.1% held a bachelor's degree or higher. Civilian veteran population was 20.6%. Disability status of the population 5 years and over was 21.6%. Married male, except separated, population 15 years and over was 59.4%. Married female, except separated, population 15 years and over was 58.3%.
The population, 16 and over, in the labor force was 61.7%. Mean travel time to work for workers 16 and over was 26.1 minutes. The median household income was $41,042, median family income was $48,750,and per capita income was $16,923. Families below the poverty level was 0%. Individuals below the poverty level were 4.2%.
Single-family owner-occupied homes was 41 with a median value of $81,400. The median of selected monthly owner costs with a mortgage was $781, not mortgaged was $233.
- David R. Bean, member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
- Darwin Hall, Minnesota state legislator
- Erasmus D. Hall, member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
- Emmett R. Hicks, Wisconsin Attorney General
- Pierce A. Morrissey, member of the Wisconsin State Senate
- Asa Rogers, member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
- Alson Wood, member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
Looking south at Wisconsin Highway 116's southern terminus at the south side of Waukau
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Waukau, Wisconsin
- The State: Waukau, a history: Contents
- Waukau, Wisconsin Community Profile
- "U.S. Census website". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- |86000US54934&_street=&_county=&_cityTown=&_state=04000US55&_zip=54980&_lang=en&_sse=on&ActiveGeoDiv=geoSelect&_useEV=&pctxt=fph&pgsl=010&_submenuId=factsheet_1&ds_name=DEC_2000_SAFF&_ci_nbr=null&qr_name=null®=null%3Anull&_keyword=&_industry= Waukau - Fact Sheet - American FactFinder[permanent dead link]