T. G. Vinayakumar
16 May 1957
|Years active||1989 – present|
|Children||2 (including Vishnu Vinay)|
T. G. Vinayakumar (born 16 May 1957), better known by his stage name Vinayan is an Indian film director, actor,screenwriter, producer, and lyricist, who works predominantly in Malayalam cinema and occasionally in Tamil cinema.
Vinayan is married to Neena and the couple has two children—Vishnu Vinay and Nikhila.
Vinayan started his career with the film Super Star. And he has directed the following films like Vasanthiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne Njaanum, Akasha ganga 2,Karumadikkuttan (film), Oomappenninu Uriyadappayyan, Dada Sahib, Vellinakshatram, Aakasha Ganga, Rakshasa Rajavu, Kalyana Sougandhikam, Kasi (Tamil), Enn mana vaanil, Independence, Sathyam, Albhuthadweep, Athishayan, Dracula and Sipayi Lahala. The genres of his films include comedy, horror, action, fantasy and family drama.
Vinayan also introduced a handful of actors and singers in the Malayalam film industry. Jayasurya, Indrajith Sukumaran, Anoop Menon, Honey Rose, Priyamani, Manikkuttan, Suresh Krishna, Meghana Raj, Lakshmi Menon, Sithara(singer), Sudeep kumar(singer)etc. are some of the actors and singers Vinayan has introduced in Malayalam.
In 2005, Vinayan wrote and directed the film Albhuthadweep (Wonder Island) which cast around 300 dwarfs for the first time in a film. The two-foot-high hero of the film, Ajayan, was written in the Guinness Book of Records and Vinayan himself was listed in India's Limca Book of Records. The film garnered the FilmFare and the Cinema Express awards, and was successfully remade in 2007 in the Tamil language by Vinayan himself.
Vinayan is the founder/president of the MACTA Federation. He has also launched a co-operative society (with the assistance of the Government of Kerala) for the benefit of film workers. Vinayan is also the Advisory Member of the Cine Workers Welfare Board, sponsored by the Government of India.
- Iniyonnu Visramikkatte (Doordarshan)
- Omappenninu Uriyadapayyan
- Meerayude dhukavum muthuvinte swapnavum
- Boy friend
- Yakshiyum Njanum
- Raguvinte Swantham Rasia
- Dracula 2012 3D
- Aayiram Chirakulla Moham(story)
- Kanyakumariyil oru kavitha (story)
- Shipaay Lahala(story)
- Vaasanthiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne njanum (story)
- Daadasaahib (story)
Rakshasa Rajavu (full script)
- kaasi (full script)
- Oomapenninu uruyadapayyan (story)
- kaattuchembakam (full script)
- En Mana Vaanil (full script)
- War&Love (story &co-script)
- Meerayude dhukavum muthuvinte swapnavum (full script)
Vellinakshathram (full script)
- Sathyam (full script)
- Albhuthadweep (full script)
- Boyfriend (story)
- Hareendran oru Nishkalankan (screenplay only)
- Athishayan (full script)
Black Cat (full script)
- Yakshiyum Njanum (full script)
- Raghvinte Swantham Rasia (full script)
Dracula (full script)
- Little superman (full script)
- Chaalkudikaaran changathi (story co-screenplay)
film critics award for best director
"vasanthiyum lakshmiyum pinne njanum" Atlas award best director
- Cine Express Awards
- Best Film Director – Karumadikkuttan
- J C Foundation Awards
- Best Film Director -
Filmfare Awards South
- "Shri T. G. Vinayakumar (Also Known ... vs Association Of Malayalam Movie ... on 24 March, 2017". indiankanoon.org. Retrieved 3 January 2020.
- My-Kerala.com: News
- "A thriller in the making". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 5 January 2004. Archived from the original on 28 March 2004.
- Arputha Theevu Preview, Synopsis – Tamil movie Arputha Theevu Preview, Synopsis
- MACTA | Film Institute | Cooperative Registrar | Vinayan | Co Operative Sector – Oneindia Entertainment
- "Aayiram Chirakulla Moham – Mal Film". maebag.com. 2 November 2011. Retrieved 2 November 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vinayan.|