Vatsan debuted as an actor with Aridhu Aridhu (2010), before working on AR Murugadoss's production Engaeyum Eppothum (2011), in which he portrayed a bus passenger who falls in love with a fellow traveller. He subsequently appeared in Rasu Madhuravan's Pandi Oliperukki Nilayam (2012) and in another Murugadoss production, Vathikuchi (2013), where he portrayed a negative role. He played his first lead role in R. K. Kalaimani's Apple Penne (2013), where he worked with actresses Iswarya Menon and Roja. The film had a low key release and received negative reviews from critics. In mid-2013, he also worked on a single track titled "Thalapathy Anthem", which he dedicated to actor Vijay.
Vatsan was absent from the film industry throughout 2014 and 2015, after suffering from dengue fever. He made a comeback through Ravi's Tharkappu (2016), where he appeared alongside Shakthi Vasudevan and Samuthirakani.
|2012||Pandi Oliperukki Nilayam||Siluva|
|2016||Chennai 600028 II: Second Innings||Cheenu|
|2019||Chithiram Pesuthadi 2|
|2019||Arjun Suravaram||Telugu film|
- "Reaching Heights - Vatsan Chakravarthy". Only Kollywood. 19 August 2012.
- "Ilayathalapathy's biggest fan now plays solo hero". The New Indian Express.
- "Vazhkha oru Vattam da" - Vijay to his die-hard fan , Ilayathalapathy Vijay, vatsan". www.behindwoods.com.
- "Vijay mentors Vatsan - Times of India". The Times of India.
- ""I had a good experience working with Samuthirakani," says Vatsan". Only Kollywood. 6 September 2015.