|Born||5 Oct 1980(age 40)|
Vanitha Vijayakumar is an Indian film actress who has appears predominantly in Tamil Language films. She has also acted in Malayalam, Telugu and some Kannada language films. She made her cinematic acting debut in 1995, along with actor Vijay in Chandralekha, where she played the title role.
Vanitha is the eldest daughter of Tamil actor Vijayakumar and his second wife, Tamil actress Manjula. Vanitha has two younger sisters, Preetha and Sridevi, who are former actresses. From his first marriage to Muthukannu Vellalar, Vijayakumar had three children. Actor Arun Vijay and former actress Kavitha are among are her half-siblings.
In September 2018, she had another public fallout with her family after she refused to leave a family property that she had initially rented for a shoot in Ashtalakshmi Nagar. Her father, Vijayakumar, subsequently filed a police complaint against her.
Vanitha made her acting debut opposite Vijay in Chandralekha (1995). Directed by Nambirajan, the film was shot in a small village and owing to the lack of caravans, Vanitha had to make use of basic conditions. The film opened to mixed reviews and eventually did not perform well at the box office, effectively curtailing Vanitha's career. Vanitha subsequently appeared alongside Rajkiran in Manikkam (1996), before moving on to act in the Malayalam film Hitler Brothers (1997) and Telugu devotional fantasy film Devi (1999). As film offers began to reduce, Vanitha worked as a costume designer for her sister Preetha's films, and then also worked as an assistant director to P. Vasu during the making of Kakkai Siraginilae (2000). After her first marriage to Akash, Vanitha quit the film industry.
Vanitha made a brief comeback to acting in the mid 2010s, and first appeared in a small role in Naan Rajavaga Pogiren (2013). She followed this up with a longer role in the comedy drama, Summa Nachunu Irukku (2013). Vanitha then chose to turn producer and make a film titled MGR Sivaji Rajini Kamal (2015), to be directed by her then-boyfriend Robert. She produced the film under the Vanitha Film Production banner, suggesting that the script of the film originated from a joke they discussed at a social gathering. Following the commercial failure of the film, Vanitha lodged a police complaint against distribution studio Vibrant Medias, alleging that they did not release the film in 80 cinemas as agreed in their contract.
In 2019, Vanitha appeared in the Tamil reality television show Bigg Boss Tamil 3 on Star Vijay. She was the second contestant to be eliminated from the show. After a few weeks of fans request for vanitha to enter the house as a wild card, and as after she left the TRP rating reduced, they sent her again as a contestant.
Vanitha Vijayakumar married actor Akash on 10 September 2000. Their son was born in 2001 and their daughter was born in 2005. Following a lengthy custody dispute, the Madras High Court ordered that the children split their time between both parents. Her son later moved in permanently with his grandfather and then Akash.
Vanitha Vijayakumar got then married again with businessman Anand Jay Rajan, in 2007. The pair has a daughter. The couple separated soon after and were officially divorced in 2012, with Rajan being awarded custody of their child. Vanitha suggested that the pair divorced as a result of her disputes with Vijayakumar, and that Rajan had effectively become indirectly involved in the controversy costing him peace and career opportunities. In 2019, police questioned Vanitha while on the set of Bigg Boss Tamil 3 in Chennai over a complaint filed by Rajan alleging that she had kidnapped their daughter. Vanitha was not arrested after her daughter confirmed that she had voluntarily come to Chennai with her mother.
Following her separation with Anand Rajan in 2010, Vanitha dated choreographer Robert and married in 2013. The duo also worked together professionally by producing a film titled MGR Sivaji Rajini Kamal (2015), before ending their relationship in 2017.
She was in relationship with Peter Paul, who is already married and father of two teenagers. The couple got married on 27 June 2020 in Chennai. As of October 2020, they have divorced with mutual consent, owing to his addiction to cigarettes and alcohol.
|2000||Kakkai Siraginilae||Herself||Tamil||Assistant Director|
|2013||Naan Rajavaga Pogiren||Diana||Tamil|
|2013||Summa Nachunu Irukku||Kavitha||Tamil|
|2015||MGR Sivaji Rajini Kamal||Ayana||Tamil||also producer and writer|
|2K Azhaganathu Kaadhal||Tamil||Filming|
|2000||AVM-in Galatta Sirippu||Vasuki||Sun TV|
|2021||Thirumathi Hitler||Rajeshwari (Rajee)||Zee Tamil||Guest Appearance|
|2007||Sunday Samayal||"Microwave Cooking" Segment Host||Sun TV|
|2011||Sakthi Kodu||Host||Polimer TV|
|2014||Stars Day Out||Guest||Puthuyugam TV|
|2019||Bigg Boss Tamil 3||Contestant||Star Vijay||Evicted Day 84|
Guts and Grits Award
|Cooku With Comali (season 1)||Winner|
|Bigg Boss 3 Kondattam||Herself||Special show|
|2020||Kalakka Povathu Yaaru||Judge|
|Start Music||Contestant||1st Runner-Up|
|Vanakkam Tamizha||Guest||Sun TV|
|Bigg Boss 4||Star Vijay|
|2021||Cooku With Comali (season 2)||Celebration episode|
|TBA||BB Jodigal||Star Vijay|
- Millennium Charity Concert 2000
- Sun Kudumbam Viruthugal (2019) Guest
- Ananda Vikatan Cinema Awards (2020) Guest
| Cooku With Comali
- "Marriage on the Cards for Vanitha Vijayakumar". New Indian Express. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- "Chandralekha - 1995". Joint Scene. Archived from the original on 16 March 2010.
- "Filmography of chandralekha". Cinesouth. 21 October 1995. Archived from the original on 7 April 2012.
- "VANITHA ON BEING VIJAY'S HEROINE".
- Dorairaj, S (8 February 2006). "Actor Vijayakumar returns to AIADMK". The Hindu. Retrieved 18 February 2010.
- "Vanitha Vijayakumar: Actor Vijayakumar lodges plaint against daughter | Chennai News". The Times of India. 21 September 2018. Retrieved 6 January 2021.
- "Actor Vijayakumar and daughter Vanitha embroiled in feud over property". www.thenewsminute.com. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- Upadhyaya, Prakash (20 July 2019). "When Vijay let Bigg Boss Tamil contestant Vanitha Vijayakumar change her dress in his car". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- "Sarkar Diwali release: 11 other times Vijay's films released during the festival". www.timesnownews.com.
- "dinakaran". Archived from the original on 9 June 2004. Retrieved 6 January 2021.
- October 6, Deepika Ramesh On; 2014 (6 October 2014). "Producing a Film is No Child's Play: Vanitha Vijayakumar". Silverscreen India. Retrieved 26 October 2020.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- September 15, Deepika Ramesh On; 2014 (15 September 2014). "Vanitha's MGR Sivaji Rajini Kamal in October". Silverscreen India. Retrieved 26 October 2020.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Tamil actor Vanitha Vijayakumar files complaint against film distributor | Chennai News - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Sunder, Gautam (17 July 2019). "'Bigg Boss' Vanitha Vijayakumar about her Exit from the show". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2 October 2019.
- "குக் வித் கோமாளியில் வனிதா விஜயகுமார் வெற்றி | vanitha vijayakumar wins cook with comali title". Behindwoods. 23 February 2020.
- "Court documents". indiankanoon.org. Retrieved 24 June 2020.
- "Vanitha, former hubby to share son's custody | Chennai News - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Vanitha Vijayakumar: Vanitha to get back her son | Chennai News - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Kumar, Pradeep (3 July 2019). "Police grill Vanitha Vijayakumar at 'Bigg Boss' Tamil house". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 July 2019.
- Johnson, David (4 July 2019). "Vanitha Vijayakumar's daughter bails her out of trouble; the actress to stay in Bigg Boss Tamil house". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- "Vanitha, choreographer Robert to marry soon - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Yes, I was in a relationship with Robert: Vanitha explains - Tamil News". IndiaGlitz.com. 20 July 2019.
- "Vanitha, Robert issue joint notice". 20 January 2014.
- "Peter Paul's first wife files a complaint against his marriage with Vanitha Vijayakumar - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 July 2020.
- World, Republic. "Vanitha Vijayakumar's daughter Jovika feels completed as she welcomes stepdad Peter Paul". Republic World. Retrieved 2 July 2020.