Threads older than 60 days may be automatically archived by .
You've got mail
- Thanks for the email Ashleyyoursmile, I’ve replied. Best, Pahunkat (talk) 07:50, 11 July 2021 (UTC)
Hi Pahunkat, I cannot thank you enough for the contribution you have done in the article Chibok schoolgirls kidnapping. I really appreciated it. Thanks Ashish Lohorung (talk) 00:30, 27 July 2021 (UTC)
- Hello Ashishlohorung, thanks for dropping by! You created the article back in 2014 and I'm building off the framework already there. All the ref work is done, now I'm looking to see if it is possible to restructure the article (which is more difficult than I previously thought). Could I have your feedback on how it could be improved? Best, Pahunkat (talk) 10:00, 27 July 2021 (UTC)
- Hi Pahunkat, Yes I understand it is very difficult now coz the article is so huge and complex now. Definitely there are always many things to improve in an article. However to find what is not easy. Let's see what we can do to improve it. Keep it up!! Ashish Lohorung (talk) 04:13, 2 August 2021 (UTC)
Request on 08:54:38, 30 July 2021 for assistance on AfC submission by SimonRushton88
Hi this is my first submission (Stuart McAlpine Miller)I was wondering if you could review the submission and advise how it can be improved to the point it can be accepted and published live. Stuart is a very good friend of mine and I can confirm the submission is a true reflection as well as the additional supportive appendices I have now included.
- Hello SimonRushton88, here are some general comments for improvement on the draft right now:
- The lead section, which makes several claims about the subject, is unsourced (with the exception of the quote) - please try to find sources for statements made in the article, especially given that this is a biography of a living person. For more information, see WP:CITATIONS. Additionally, original reasearch should not be included.
- The Daily Mail is considered to be a deprecated source, which means that editors should try to avoid using it - given that there's one from the times, maybe this ref can be removed
- Make sure you stick to a neutral point of view throughout the article and avoid using peacock terms.
- Given that you are a friend of the subject, please take time to read WP:COI for guidelines on conflict of interest editing.
- I hope the above helps, I've fixed the decline notice so that when you are ready to resubmit you can click the blue button. Best, Pahunkat (talk) 09:23, 30 July 2021 (UTC)
Hi Pahunkat, hope you are well. I came across Larry0915754, a spambot, today and have added it to your flattering log, thinking that you might probably find it useful if you file a SPI in the future. Hope you don't mind. Have a great day. :) --Viridian Bovary (talk) 04:54, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for the addition Viridian Bovary, I had a look at the logs and have definitely seen that link used on a spambot before - I've asked a bot to generate a report on the accounts that have added the link, if there are multiple spambots it can be blacklisted to stop the spam. Pahunkat (talk) 08:38, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
Wow, they are really active today. Take a look at this Viridian Bovary, Ruy - in addition to the two already mentioned there are · contribs), · contribs), · contribs) (look at the logs, this is a perfect example of why we call these "nothing to say about me really" /NTSAMR) and · contribs) which have popped up in the last 12 hours. Glocks requested for those not locked as well. Pahunkat (talk) 09:26, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you, Pahunkat. Looks like we can expect more of these today. Viridian Bovary (talk) 09:33, 5 August 2021 (UTC)
Actually, I love this platform. therefore I like to improve the knowledge base of this valuable place. if found any good article I link that article from Wiki. today I did that kind of activity after that I received this message.
Hello, I'm Pahunkat. I wanted to let you know that one or more external links you added to Paintball have been removed because they seemed to be inappropriate for an encyclopedia. If you think I made a mistake, or if you have any questions, you can leave me a message on my talk page, or take a look at our guidelines about links. Pahunkat (talk) 15:12, 6 August 2021 (UTC)
if I did any wrong activity I would apologize. Please check this article and if it is not related to paintball please remove it https:// foresthillhideout. com/ paintball/ (I kept a spaces between the URL to prevent make backlink)
This is Bkonplus
- Hello Bkonplus, I'm not quite sure what you would like me to do given that the link has already been removed from the article, could you please clarify? Thanks, Pahunkat (talk) 15:35, 6 August 2021 (UTC)
I always respect your activity
- I think you already know the answer to your question. You're welcome to respond there if you want. Pahunkat (talk) 11:19, 16 August 2021 (UTC)
Need advice, not sure what's the procedure
Hi Pahunkat, I recently came across an article called Malaysian art, which was made in its entirety by a user named Hati Kama, who upon clicking on their user page made me realize that it was a sockpuppet of another user named Awanama. Hati Kama had also created another article called Folklore of Malaysia. I remember reading somewhere that there are procedures in place on Wikipedia to deal with articles created by sockpuppets, and a google search revealed "G5. Creations by banned or blocked users" (WP:G5). I honestly thought Hati Kama fitted the criteria its in entirety, it's a blocked user violating their block, and both articles had no substantial edits by others. I placed the template on these two articles. However, I was reverted by an admin named Liz, who stated that "Sockpuppeteer wasn't blocked when this article was written". I was also subsequently reprimanded not to leave tags like that as a I was merely a "3 day old account with 14 edits", before being subsequently accused of being a sockpuppet myself without evidence. Perhaps as you being an older established user, you could advice me as to what I did wrong, and I also came to you as you seemed to have had previous interactions with Awanama and their sockpuppets. Thank you for your time. IpohLang (talk) 21:35, 17 August 2021 (UTC)
- @IpohLang: Asking Liz would make a helluva lot more sense than asking three different users. BTW, I too don't think you're a new user. What other accounts have you had at Wikipedia? --Bbb23 (talk) 21:49, 17 August 2021 (UTC)
- Hello IpohLang, speedy deletion criterion G5 only applies to edits made "in violation of [the user's] block or ban". In this case, Hati Kama created the article before Awanama was first blocked, so G5 does not apply. I would echo what Bbb23 has said above my comment. Best, Pahunkat (talk) 09:12, 18 August 2021 (UTC)
Accept my article
- Hello Ziya sk, please click the "resubmit" button on the decline notice on Draft:Nikhil S Nair to allow another AfC reviewer to take a look at it. Thanks, Pahunkat (talk) 11:12, 21 August 2021 (UTC)
- Courtesy link: Draft:Sutherland Global Services
- Hello Informationshouldbefree95, Bloomberg listings like the one provided are examples of trivial coverage per WP:CORPDEPTH as they are just "simple listings or compilations". Per the notability criteria for corporations, you should try to find multiple reliable sources that give significant coverage of the company in order to establish its notability. I hope that helps, this list may be useful for determining what sources are reliable. Pahunkat (talk) 16:34, 21 August 2021 (UTC)
Why do you nominate my page for deletion
Why do you nominate GenWATT Solar Energy Solutions (Philippines) for deletion? I added now a secondary source, Please remove it from nomination. It has now a secondary source (DTI Permit Portal and A newspaper.)
Note: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Adriem915 (talk) 03:44, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- Hello Adriem915 and apologies if I took longer than you expected to reply, you posted the messages to my talk page at about 0445 my time so I was asleep. The reason I nominated the article for deletion is that I don't think the subject meets our notability criteria for organizations - you can see my rationale at the Articles for Deletion discussion page. Throughout the course of the discussion you're welcome to comment on that discussion page, and I see you've already made some. Help:My article got nominated for deletion! is an essay but I think it will be useful for you to read, along with the notability criteria above. Also, please don't comment logged out like you just did in the AfD - it's a violation of our sockpuppetry policy. Best, Pahunkat (talk) 09:05, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
- I'd also like to add that I don't think the two references you've added since my nomination prove the notability of this company - the first reference is a primary listing (a government portal), and the second one is clearly user-generated ( for the interested). Pahunkat (talk) 09:12, 23 August 2021 (UTC)
Request on 11:47:52, 25 August 2021 for assistance on AfC submission by RiveraDrainaldi
Hi Pahunkat, thank you for your concern. I have edited the article Rininta Christabella
- Hello RiveraDrainaldi, you haven't specified what you would like me to do. If you would like another reviewer to take a look at the improvements you have made to the draft, you can click the "resubmit" button on the top of the draft. Pahunkat (talk) 11:52, 25 August 2021 (UTC)
- Hello Pahunkat, Would you review the article please? many thanks — Preceding unsigned comment added by RiveraDrainaldi (talk • contribs)
- RiveraDrainaldi, normally I only review drafts once and then leave subsequent resubmissions to other reviewers, however I can give you an assessment of the sources here. Per WP:BASIC: "People are presumed notable if they have received significant coverage in multiple published secondary sources that are reliable, intellectually independent of each other, and independent of the subject." References 1 and 9 are government websites for places, which do not mention the subject at all (they don't have significant coverage of the subject). Ref 6 appears to be the instagram login page (perhaps an error?), and refs 3, 4, 7, 8 and 10 are the websites of the companies the subject is affiliated with, so they are not independent. This leaves sources 2 and 5 as the only ones which could establish notability - source 5 looks like a blogspot entry, which would make it user-generated and thus unreliable, I'm not sure about source 2 but would question its reliability. If I were to review this, I'd be leaning decline - to improve the draft, find more sources that are reliable, independent and have significant coverage of the subject in order to demonstrate their notability. I hope this helps :-) Pahunkat (talk) 12:43, 25 August 2021 (UTC)
Thank You For Your Advice
I would like to thank you for pointing out your concerns. But I would like to assure you that I am not in any way getting any compensation directly neither indirectly, I am new to this platform and learning many different things on Wikipedia and I am enjoying reading the guidelines and trying my best to comply to the rules and regulations. I will try to make sure that I do not edit or publish any page without thorough research and guidance from fellow mentors on here. I would like to request the opportunity to allow me to make further edits.
- Fatima.Innovative, since you've responded to that talk page notice you're free to edit. However, can I ask you how you came to edit Draft:A-TEEM and Draft:DealHouse? Thanks, Pahunkat (talk) 14:11, 26 August 2021 (UTC)
Congratulations from WikiProject Articles for Creation!
|The Articles for Creation Barnstar & The Teamwork Barnstar|
|Congratulations! You have earned The Articles for Creation Barnstar and The Teamwork Barnstar for reviewing 188 drafts and doing 26 re-reviews during the WikiProject Articles for creation July 2021 Backlog Drive. Thank you for your work to improve Wikipedia!|
On behalf of WikiProject Articles for Creation, Enterprisey (talk!) 00:17, 5 September 2021 (UTC)
Request on 20:42:53, 18 September 2021 for assistance on AfC submission by RalphZero
The Wikipedia page titled Lp Spaces provides a complete introduction on finite dimensional vector spaces as well as animated unit p-spheres. I can reiterate this material or refer to it by hyperlink and or edit /merge my article on p-entropy into this Wikipedia page on p-norms. I don't know how to create a hyperlink to Wikipedia pages within an article to be published in Wikipedia. Please advise which strategy will yield a publishable result.
- Hello RalphZero,
- You can create links to other wikipedia articles using the code [[Example]] in the source editor, and using [example.com] for links to external sites. On the visual editor, both can be done by clicking the link icon on the toolbar whilst editing.
- In order for this to become an article, you will need to write a lead section for the draft - this helps to introduce the subject of the article (it's hard for me to identify the topic of the draft right now, and thus what title it should have if I moved it to article space), and makes it accessible for readers who may not have a good understanding of the subject. The first paragraph of Lp space is a good example - it introduces the subject in simple and accessible terms, with more complicated ones being linked to their respective articles.
- You should probably have to ask at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Mathematics on whether this warrants a stand-alone article. The participants there will undoubtedly have a better understanding of the topic and respective notability policies than me.
- Hopefully that helps, please feel free to ask on my talkpage or at the teahouse if you have any more questions :-) Pahunkat (talk) 11:02, 19 September 2021 (UTC)
Question from Marquis morse (18:14, 21 September 2021)
I wanted to ask you a quick question about translation: I joined Wikipedia in order to translate an article about the Dutch painter Ruurd Elzer into English...can I just go ahead and get started on this, or do I have to......do something else first? :)
- Hello Marquis morse, and welcome to Wikipedia! Firstly, you should be aware that the English Wikipedia has different policies to Wikipedias in other languages - these include our notability criteria for artists. If you're confident that Rurd Elzer meets that criteria, then you can create a draft translations of the article using the article wizard - once you're happy with it, you can submit it for review. Be aware that you will need to credit the source article, and should try not to simply use machine translations because they usually give out poor quality text. I hope this helps, if you have any further questions please feel free to ask me :-) Pahunkat (talk) 19:00, 21 September 2021 (UTC)
Question from Justanot (21:20, 23 September 2021)
- Hello Justanot, and welcome to Wikipedia! I had a quick look through your contributions - you're doing a great job. I can understand that you're nervous given that I experienced the same thing when I started here - in reality, there's nothing much to worry about as long as you make edits with the intention of helping out. We don't expect newcomers to know everything about editing when they first start. Hopefully you will settle in after a few days of editing, I can see that you've already started editing some articles. With regards to the question below, I think you're referring to the talk page discussion at Talk:Wario (series)? If that's the case, I think you can just remove it from the talk page given that nobody's responded, or leave it as it is. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask me on this talk page, or through the mentorship module and I will do my best to help :-). Pahunkat (talk) 12:29, 25 September 2021 (UTC)
Question from Justanot (14:47, 24 September 2021)
Sorry if I'm bombarding you with questions. Is it possible to for an unconfirmed user to close a discussion the user opened? Or does the discussion have to be closed by an administrator? Thank you. --Justanot (talk) 14:47, 24 September 2021 (UTC)
- Hello Justanot, I've included my answer to this question in my response above :-) Pahunkat (talk) 12:29, 25 September 2021 (UTC)