(note: I may remove automated Talk postings)
- Talk Archive 1: April 2005 - April 2007
- Talk Archive 2: April 2007 - January 2017
- Talk Archive 3: January 2017 - January 2020
- Talk Archive 4: January 2020 - December 2020
Please read my page about working on jazz articles. I request that users avoid creating orphans or barely sourced articles that are unlikely to be expanded. Thanks.
Vmavanti (talk) 01:07, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- That's an incredibly useful resource, thanks for directing me towards it. I only noted this person because of the obits, I'll pay more attention next time. Jessamyn (talk) 01:28, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
Your submission at Articles for creation: QBR The Black Book Review has been accepted
Your submission at Articles for creation: Goldendale Sentinel (December 22)
News On Wiki check-in
Hi there! Thank you for your interest in our campaign to improve the public's knowledge about local newspapers. Time has flown since we got going in September, and our six month campaign ends in just a month! We'd like to check in with you about work you have done, or any articles you'd like to write or edit to do before we wrap up.
We published a mid-campaign report, highlighting strong work from several Wikipedia editors (both new wiki folks and veterans); contributions from Kristy Roschke's journalism course at Arizona State University; and strong engagement from groups like AfroCROWD and Wikimedians of the Caribbean.
As we begin our final push, we would love to learn what you have been working on, or help you with any challenges. We're hosting several informal video conference sessions in the next week. (If that format is no good for you, just let us know.) We'd love to hear what newspapers have caught your interest, any articles you've already written, and also any kind of support you could use in writing up newspapers that lack Wikipedia entries. We'll focus especially on newspapers of the Caribbean in our final month, as we continue to work on Black-owned U.S. newspapers, and newspapers of Washington State. Please register for one of these Zoom meetings. If these times don't work for you, or if you hate Zoom, etc., just reply to this email, and we'll find another way to connect with you.
- Saturday Jan. 30, 2pm Pacific / 5 PM Eastern (with Pete)
- Tuesday Feb. 2, 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern (with Pete)
- Wednesday Feb. 3, 12:30pm Pacific / 3:30 PM Eastern (with Sherry)
- Thursday Feb. 4, 12:30pm Pacific / 3:30 PM Eastern (with Sherry)
- @Peteforsyth: Hi Pete -- this wiki post says "Just reply to this email" so I guess I'll use native wiki replying. I made a lot of articles and did a lot of re-orging, I didn't see other people really plugging in with the re-orged pages tho (I left a "more info here" note in a Wikidata section in December, since I know nothing about Wikidata, and no one added/completed). I tried to remember to use the hashtag. One challenge I found was that there was no way for me to "take over" someone else's draft without sending it through the articles-for-review process (which I don't have to do since my account is auto-patrolled) and so I maybe didn't do as much draft-finalizing as I might have otherwise. You saw the adjustments I did on the NOW pages. I also created these articles:
- Milwaukee Courier
- New England Informer
- The Neighborhood Leader
- Metro Herald (Virginia)
- The Triibe
- Black Lens News
- Oh geez, yes, I copy-pasted from an emailed version and didn't update that part. Thanks for replying here, this is super useful stuff. I'll follow up in the next few days. -Pete Forsyth (talk) 01:43, 30 January 2021 (UTC)
- And, thanks to your quick feedback I was able to fix it on other people's talk pages...hopefully soon enough to avoid similar confusion. Thanks much for the heads up, and for your excellent work. -Pete Forsyth (talk) 01:56, 30 January 2021 (UTC)
Nomination for deletion of Template:Stadium organists
Orphaned non-free image File:Virginiallibraryassociation.png
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 03:45, 18 February 2021 (UTC)
Charles F. Shoemaker Comment
|The Curator Barnstar|
|For your contribution of a photograph to the Charles F. Shoemaker article depicting the former Revenue Cutter Service officer in mufti. Cuprum17 (talk) 16:45, 5 April 2021 (UTC)|
I've been watching the PBS NOVA program on bias and sexual harassment in the workplace, in particular in science and academia. It's splendid. I'll post it to the article in External Sources. Thanks so much for creating the Marchant article. I expect it will get many well-deserved views. I sent the URL for the NOVA program to many women friends and colleagues who have undoubtedly had similar experiences in their lives. Activist (talk) 05:26, 15 April 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you for adding that link, I saw the movie before it was on TV, it's been nice to see a little flurry of activity on that page (not all as positive as yours). Jessamyn (talk) 03:35, 16 April 2021 (UTC)
Your submission at Articles for creation: Alice Crites has been accepted
Minna P. Gill
Nice work on this article. Funny story - I was just reading about her father the other night while leafing through a book on DC artists. He's somewhere on my list of articles to create for the local art scene...not at the top, but somewhere down the middle. --Ser Amantio di NicolaoChe dicono a Signa?Lo dicono a Signa. 21:04, 28 May 2021 (UTC)
Bernard Gotfryd images
I notice you've been uploading https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:PD-Gotfryd images. Which is great! I can't do it all. But I have made a contact with the Library of Congress person in charge of the collection (Hanna ... Soltys - I think?), and she seems interested in correcting errors, which do show up time to time. For example, File:Sandy_Hill_GMA.jpg, which their file has named Cindy Hill; there are others, I don't think they got very good documentation of each image with the donation. I know I sent a few corrections with evidence and she seemed grateful, and made the changes (they can take a week or two to take effect). Would you like me to put you in touch? Or you can write them without my introduction, of course, I'm no one special, I just seem to have started the Commons uploading from there. --GRuban (talk) 23:11, 24 June 2021 (UTC)
- Oh hey that is great. I saw the copyright template thing you made for the images (I had not known how to do that and now I do) because I was making one at the same time. And I also noticed the Sandy/Cindy thing. I had another person I had written to in the past at LOC about issues with some of the C. M. Bell images but I'd love another contact. If you wouldn't mind putting me in touch, my email is just my username at gmail. This has been a fun project to mess around with. Thanks for reaching out Jessamyn (talk) 03:16, 25 June 2021 (UTC)
- Like this guy. Not just an author, he founded the ACLU!
Articles for Creation July 2021 Backlog Elimination Drive
Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (talk) on behalf of Wikipedia:WikiProject Articles for Creation at 21:54, 7 July 2021 (UTC). If you do not wish to recieve future notification, please remove your name from the mailing list.
August Editathons from Women in Red
|Women in Red | August 2021, Volume 7, Issue 8, Numbers 184, 188, 204, 205, 206, 207