Hello, Grand'mere Eugene noticing you are a WikiProject Oregon participant, and looking for an image to enhance the article, I was hoping this image of the Locust Grove Church would be suitable. Thank you for your time. Lotje (talk) 05:46, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
Books & Bytes – Issue 43
Sent by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of The Wikipedia Library team --11:11, 10 May 2021 (UTC)
- Done 7&6=thirteen —Archiving is pretty easy. I like the Wayback Machine (see Wikipedia:Using the Wayback Machine) but there is also archive.today, (see Wikipedia:Using archive.today).
- I find it easiest to enter archive citation info using the visual editing option, but you can also just copy the source editing from something already archived. Grand'mere Eugene (talk) 20:50, 28 May 2021 (UTC)
I just wanted to stop by and thank you for the barnstar. It means a lot to me during difficult times in my life. I have considered joining WikiProject Schools and creating articles on secondary schools that have no chance of getting deleted. Scorpions13256 (talk) 22:40, 15 June 2021 (UTC)
- Scorpions13256, you are of course very welcome. I also like creating articles that are "bullet-proof". While AfD provides a valuable check on articles that will never pass notability standards, it is also important to respond with additional sources when they are available. Newspapers.com is a valuable resource, but it requires patience and tenacity to find good sources there... thanks for your persistence and thoughtful responses! Grand'mere Eugene (talk) 23:31, 15 June 2021 (UTC)
Request for Feedback
Hi Grand'mere Eugene, I am a relatively new wiki editor and am making some errors as I learn to navigate this system. If you have time I would be so appreciative of your feedback on this draft: Draft:Jan Rindfleisch. Thank you so much. Maxmarsh2021 (talk) 22:33, 17 June 2021 (UTC)Maxmarsh2021
- Maxmarsh2021, I'll try to read through the sources today and make comments and suggestions on the draft page. On first glance, your subject is definitely notable, so that first hurdle is passed, and now we need to think about structuring the article so it appears less like a resume. Grand'mere Eugene (talk) 17:21, 18 June 2021 (UTC)
- Grand'mere Eugene, Thank you so much for the very precise, helpful and generous feedback. It is obvious you took some time with this draft. I will tend to your suggestions. Maxmarsh2021 (talk
Articles for Creation July 2021 Backlog Elimination Drive
Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (talk) on behalf of Wikipedia:WikiProject Articles for Creation at 21:53, 7 July 2021 (UTC). If you do not wish to recieve future notification, please remove your name from the mailing list.
Thanks for your assessment/approval of my page on Van Dorn Hooker, and for the additional links, and especially for adding the image of the subject (I hadn't found one that I could be sure wasn't copyrighted). Cheers!
- Kokopelli-UK, You're welcome. I lived in New Mexico for 5 years, and my sons were born there, so I enjoyed learning about the architecture of UNM.
- About the photo: for deceased subjects, it's possible to upload a copyrighted image to Wikipedia (NOT WikiMedia) under a "fair use" rationale. See Wikipedia:Non-free use rationale guideline, and use the Wikipedia:File Upload Wizard. The fair use rationale also applies to logos for organizations: companies, schools, universities. Grand'mere Eugene (talk) 20:16, 17 July 2021 (UTC)
Books & Bytes – Issue 45
Sent by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of The Wikipedia Library team --11:04, 30 July 2021 (UTC)