I'm barely active on Wikipedia after being treated like a child by many editors. I don't think a peer review for the article will work because I put one up for months and got no response. I don't want to waste your time on a lost cause. Thanks a lot for your help on improving the article though. ShootForTheStars (talk) 05:19, 2 May 2021 (UTC)
Hey Ceoil. This is the Ultimate Boss. I changed my name to Shoot for the Stars because I thought it sounded better. I just wanted to let you know I left a support for your Fa nom of shoom. I’m also done with school and put up Cups for peer review. Good luck on making shoom FA. Shoot for the Stars 💫 (talk) 06:06, 23 May 2021 (UTC)
- Great User talk:Shoot for the Stars, will now watch the PR (havnt looked yet). Hope all at school went well in the end; presumable being at home and all that wasn't much fun. Ceoil (talk) 17:48, 29 May 2021 (UTC)
Claude Monet - Discussion
Hi, I've just initiated a discussion about the article's usage of galleries--for which I think is pretty egregious. It seems like something you'd be interested in. I also use the article on Van Gogh as an example of good galleries, for which I know you nominated to FA--nice. It would be nice if you could give some tips. Thanks, however, you decide.DMT biscuit (talk) 20:00, 24 May 2021 (UTC)
- Yeah, would have been better if I proposed a merge through the usual procedure. Per policy, have now restored the page. My bad, I think. ps love your username!!! God be with the days. Ceoil (talk) 14:22, 6 June 2021 (UTC)
You have been involved in the "punk rock" article, so I'm inviting you to Wikipedia:Featured article review/Punk rock/archive2. --George Ho (talk) 23:31, 6 June 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for note George, sigh. This maybe a monster undertaking. Ceoil (talk) 21:37, 12 June 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks but only tweaking what Risker and Ched wrote. I made a few mis-seps along the way, and hopefully it will be copyedited again by others before publication. As said before, as she was such a precise and clear writer, who left no fat on the bone, at least her obit should aim for a similarly tight style. Ceoil (talk) 21:28, 12 June 2021 (UTC)
- Yes, I totally agree and I'm freezing because of that. Trying to emulate her writing style seems a mountain to high to climb, especially since I have a bad habit of using too many words. :) She once told me that she enjoyed the exercise of going through her prose and slowly, methodically removing each unnecessary word. fwiw. You're doing a very good job at it and the structure is much better. Victoria (tk) 21:31, 12 June 2021 (UTC)
Tornado Over Kansas FAC
Hello Ceoil, I just wanted to drop by to see whether you could leave a review of Tornado Over Kansas on its FAC nomination page? Reviewer Gog the Mild recently warned me that the nomination could be archived if the nomination doesn't attract any new attention in the next few days, and since it seems you've already left an edit on the page, I thought there was a good chance you've already looked the article over once. Thanks, GeneralPoxter (talk • contribs) 03:46, 14 June 2021 (UTC)
DYK for Gallagh Man
Dementia with Lewy bodies scheduled for TFA
This is to let you know that the Dementia with Lewy bodies article has been scheduled as today's featured article for July 21, 2021. Please check the article needs no amendments. If you're interested in editing the main page text, you're welcome to do so at Wikipedia:Today's featured article/July 21, 2021, but note that a coordinator will trim the lead to around 1000 characters anyway, so you aren't obliged to do so.
For Featured Articles promoted recently, there will be an existing blurb linked from the FAC talk page, which is likely to be transferred to the TFA page by a coordinator at some point.