- Archive 1, through January 31, 2007
- Archive 2, through June 10, 2007
- Archive 3, through September 24, 2007
- Archive 4, through December 17, 2007
- Archive 5, through July 6, 2008
- Archive 6, through December 29, 2008
- Archive 7, through March 22, 2009
- Archive 8, through July 21, 2009
- Archive 9, through July 2, 2010
- Archive 10, through May 7, 2012
- Archive 11, through end of 2012
- Archive 12, through end of 2015
- Archive 13, through April 22, 2021
Please add new comments at the bottom of this page, and sign them.
Although Wikipedia itself is not censored, I reserve the right to delete offensive obscenity and deliberately disruptive edits. If you're just complaining about me, though, I'll leave it on here, I've nothing to hide. (Except my real name, of course.) -- ArglebargleIV 22:35, 2 March 2007 (UTC)
The Wikimedia LGBTQ+ User Group is holding online working days in May. As a member of WikiProject LGBT studies, editing on LGBTQ+ issues or if you identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community, come help us set goals, develop our organisation and structures, consider how to respond to issues faced by Queer editors, and plan for the next 12 months.
Hey ArglebargleIV, I submitted an entry to the notable games section of Marty Foster's body of work. I appreciate your concern and hesitation regarding my addition. I would like an additional review of the matter, as I believe my entry to be accurate and cited appropriately.
We will be meeting online for 3 half-days, 14–16 May at 1400–1730 UTC. While our working language is English, we are looking to accommodate users who would prefer to participate in other languages, including translation facilities.
Siva Shankar Baba article question
Hey ArglebargleIV, I made a change to Siva_Shankar Baba page because the content on the paragrapah arrest is incorrect and he was falsely implicated. Therefore it is appropriate to just state the fact that he was arrested and that the case is under investigation. The false allegations on his page would be offensive to thousands of his followers. I appreciate your understanding in this context. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Sss srini (talk • contribs)
Can you please explain why you are falsely charging Siva Shankar Baba ? What is your motive behind it. Please explain.
- It is not a matter of my falsely charging Siva Shankar Baba -- you removed a paragraph which was referenced, I was merely restoring it since your reason was basically "I and other people think it's wrong." You should discuss that at the talk page before making removals like that. -- ArglebargleIV (talk) 05:29, 5 September 2021 (UTC)
- I was merely restoring user:Materialscientist's edit that I accidentally overwrote. I believe, although you should confirm with them, that your string of edits was reverted by them because, in that string, you removed the Articles for Deletion template, which you're not supposed to do while the discussion about deleting the article is still open. If you think your references would help the article, you should add them to the article, but leave the AFD template alone. -- ArglebargleIV (talk) 05:22, 5 September 2021 (UTC)
REMOVING TWO ENTRIES ON PAGE LIST OF OVERSEAS MILITARY BASES:
Hi ArglebargleIV, I have to remove the two entries on aforementioned page, in segment India's overseas military bases, as it mentioned bases in Iran & Singapore. However it's false, as Iranian Government has only permitted cargo shipping operations for India at Chabahar port (even that has been curtailed as last year Iranian Government expelled India from further work), not stationing of military, as well as the case of Singapore, where only joint training is proposed of both navies & not birthing rights, so in pure sense, it's not called a military base in technicality. -- — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
- I only reverted your edit because there was no explanation given in the edit summary, not because I think you're correct or incorrect. If you remove it again, fill in the summary with why you removed the data, and you should probably make a mention of why on the talk page for List of countries with overseas military bases, so other editors can understand the why of your edit, and possibly discuss it as well. Thanks! -- ArglebargleIV (talk) 09:40, 14 September 2021 (UTC)
Reverting legitimate corrections
In this case, the IP was correct. (See: List of lakes by area.) Did you check to see if that were the case or was your revert a knee-jerk reaction to an IP edit? MarconiCheese (talk) 12:42, 15 September 2021 (UTC)
- It was not a "knee-jerk reaction to an IP edit". I made a mistake. I have put User:22.214.171.124's edit back (with correct spelling). -- ArglebargleIV (talk) 17:51, 15 September 2021 (UTC)
Could you assist me with a concern about edits credited to me that I !definitely! didn't make? Thanks (:
Trying to reach out, as I'm seeing my IP and/or username associated with several edits that range from pointless to offensive. I don't know how it happened, I'm not exceptionally tech savvy but my IP address was on an edit you fixed in the LGBT portal. Even if I wasn't part of the lgbtqai comment, the comment I supposedly made would be really upsetting to me. Not to mention I don't want homophobic vandalism to contribute to my account ever getting blocked.
- I'll try to do my best, but for an authoritative answer, I suggest posting this at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard (I hope I picked the right one!)
In general, practically no one can see which IP you are using if you edit while you are logged in. That information is kept private, and can only be accessed by a WP:checkuser, a fairly small group of trusted users who use that power to check for people using multiple accounts when it is not allowed. (More details and a better explanation at the Checkuser link.) I'm not a Checkuser (or an administrator, or even close to being one!). Nobody's going to associate you with IP edits, because, except in very rare circustances, nobody's going to connect your Wikipedia account to any IP address. Many internet connections do not have fixed IP addresses -- what may have happened to you is your current IP address may have 'belonged' to another person earlier, and they did the nasty edits (and I understand, I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with those myself!) I don't think you should worry about it, but you can try posting at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard or maybe Wikipedia:Teahouse or Wikipedia:Help desk. I hope that helped. -- ArglebargleIV (talk) 10:47, 16 September 2021 (UTC)
- On second thought, Wikipedia:Teahouse or Wikipedia:Help desk are better first choices to verify this. -- ArglebargleIV (talk) 12:11, 16 September 2021 (UTC)