This is the orphaned talks project.
These articles all have a talk page but not a main article. Unless the talk pages contain old deletion debates they can be deleted. You must be an administrator to participate.
Please use the summary Admins: help remove more orphaned talk pages at [[User:R3m0t/Reports]] to say where you found the page and to advertise the project, but you must also explain why the page is being deleted if there are reasons other than just it being an orphaned talk page (eg. deleting after page move to <give location of new page>).
Possible false positives:
- Archived talk pages (although I have tried to remove these)
- "To do" subpages (although I have tried to remove these too)
- Archives of old deletion debates (often refer to "Votes for deletion" or the title ends in "/delete".
- Redirects to moved talk pages - these do not need to be deleted as they do no harm. If they do need to be deleted, check "what links here" first and fix links to the redirect to point to the new location.
I removed all User_talk pages - too many false positives, even with the IP pages removed.
- Click on a blue link on one of the subpages.
- Check that the main page does not exist (the link should be red). For images, check that the image was deleted.
- Check whether the talk page has become detached as a result of a page move by searching for more appropriately named pages
- Check the discussion page for any salvageable information, and move it out if appropriate.
- Check "what links here" to see if anyone has linked to the page and fix the links if needed.
- Delete the page. For the summary, please prepend the provided summary to the automatically-generated reason.
This listing was generated in April 2006. Pages deleted since then will appear as red links.
Each page contains 1000 articles in blocks of 50.
Probably shouldn't be deleted:
- /1_8 - archives
- /1_9 - archives
- /1_10 - archives
- /1_11 - archives
- /1_12 - archives
- /1_13 - archives
- /1_14 - "to do" subpages
- /1_15 - temp pages and delete discussions
- /1_16 - other subpages
Feel free to add yourself.
- r3m0t made source, used own CPU cycles etc
- Woohookitty Once I am made an admin (which should be late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning), I'll work on this as my first admin project. --Woohookitty 4 July 2005 19:45 (UTC)
- – Quadell (talk) (sleuth) 17:23, July 22, 2005 (UTC)
- Martin - The non-blue non-moose 13:27, 8 September 2005 (UTC)
- Coffee 05:00, 9 September 2005 (UTC)
- BD2412 T 21:19, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Sceptre (Talk) 10:47, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
- Sr13 19:57, 16 June 2007 (UTC)
Available on demand.