This article needs a plot summary. (July 2021)
|Uravukku Kai Koduppom|
|Directed by||Y. G. Mahendran|
|Screenplay by||K. S. Gopalakrishnan|
|Based on||Uravukku Kai Koduppom|
|Produced by||K. S. Gopalakrishnan|
|Music by||K. V. Mahadevan|
Uravukku Kai Koduppom (transl. We shall give a helping hand to blood relatives) is a 1975 Indian Tamil-language drama film directed by Y. G. Mahendran, produced and written by K. S. Gopalakrishnan. It is based on Visu's play of the same name, also directed by Mahendran. The film stars Gemini Ganesan, Sowcar Janaki, Thengai Srinivasan and Mahendran. Although a commercial failure, it was adapted by Visu into the film Samsaram Adhu Minsaram in 1986.
Uravukku Kai Koduppom was the first play written by Visu, and directed by Y. G. Mahendran. K. S. Gopalakrishnan bought the rights to adapt the play into a film with the same name; besides producing the film under Chitra Productions, he also wrote the screenplay. Mahendran was retained as director, and even acted in a supporting role.
|1.||"Koduppom Kai Koduppom"||Sirkazhi Govindarajan|
|2.||"Thiruvennum Peyarukku Uriyavale"||P. Susheela, Madhuri, T. K. Kala|
|3.||"Oru Kodi Aasaigal Uyir Moochin"||Sirkazhi Govindarajan, Vani Jairam|
Release and reception
- "பிளாஷ்பேக்: சம்சாரம் அது மின்சாரம் ஒரு ரீமேக் படம்" [Flashback: Samsaran Athu Minsaram is a remake film]. Dinamalar (in Tamil). 12 April 2017. Archived from the original on 11 April 2019. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "And they reacted…". The Hindu. 10 April 2014. Archived from the original on 12 April 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "உறவுக்கு கை கொடுப்போம்". Mathi Oli (in Tamil). 11 January 1975. p. 7. Archived from the original on 25 March 2019.
- "Uravukku Kai Koduppom". Songs4all. Archived from the original on 8 July 2021. Retrieved 8 July 2021.
- Dhananjayan, G. (30 June 2017). "Clear rules govern box office performance of remakes". DT Next. Archived from the original on 31 March 2019. Retrieved 11 April 2019.