|04:40, 12 May 2021 UTC+09:00|
|135 degrees E|
UTC+09:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of +09:00.
Also known as Eastern Indonesian Time.
During the Japanese occupations of British Borneo, Burma, Hong Kong, Dutch East Indies, Malaya, Philippines, Singapore, and French Indochina, it was used as a common time with Tokyo until the fall of the Empire of Japan.
As standard time (all year round)
Principal cities: Yakutsk, Tobelo, Akaiwa, Asakuchi, Sorong, Dekai, Timika, Nabire, Wamena, Merauke, Manokwari, Ibara, Izumiotsu, Toyonaka, Izumisano, Takatsuki, Suita, Kashiwara, Sakai, Higashiosaka, Hirakata, Naha, Nago, Uruma, Nanjo, Tamano, Tsuyama, Soja, Kasaoka, Kurashiki, Okayama, Maniwa, Niimi, Koriyama, Yamatokoriyama, Tainai, Kunisaki, Beppu, Yufu, Tokamachi Uonuma Minamiuonuma, Sasebo, Iwanuma, Sendai, Miyakonojo, Kesennuma, Tagajo, Shiogama, Kumamoto, Ishinomaki, Higashimatsushima, Yokkaichi, Maizuru, Yawata, Uji, Kyotango, Muko, Yokosuka, Himeji, Kamakura, Sagamihara, Odawara, Hiratsuka, Ichikikushikino, Minamisatsuma, Minamikyushu, Morioka, Chikusei, Ofunato, Tsuchiura, Kanazawa, Omitara, Joso, Hitachiomiya, Sofifi, Ternate, Nishinomiya, Minamiawaji, Higashihiroshima, Amagasaki, Mobara, Nagareyama, Takasaki, Tajimi, Maebashi, Ogaki, Kaizu, Gifu, Minamisoma, Aizuwakamatsu, Togane, Shikokuchuo, Yawatahama, Niihama, Tomisato, Urayasu, Yachimata, Yotsukaido, Oamishirasato, Sanmu, Shiroi, Sosa, Sodegaura, Narashino, Choshi, Owariasahi, Nishio, Inzai, Minamiboso, Kisarazu, Kashiwa, Isumi, Nagakute, Toyoake, Tokoname Kamagaya, Matsudo, Nagoya, Kimitsu, Funabashi, Yatomi, Hachinohe, Kiyosu, Komaki Shinagawa, Onojo, Kitanagoya, Kitami, Shinshiro, Cheongju, Hekinan, Inazawa, Yurihonjo, Hirosaki, Kitaakita, Gamagori, Aisai, Icheon, Yongin, Seongnam, Siheung, Uiwang, Yangju, Yeosu, Yeoju, Uijeongbu, Odate, Suwon, Pyeongtaek, Osan, Paju, Pocheon, Anseong, Toyohashi, Hanam, Gwacheon, Gwangmyeong, Ansan, Namyangju, Dongducheon, Gunpo, Gimpo, Chungju, Jecheon, Bucheon, Busan, Ogaki, Atsugi, Yokohama, Kobe, Yawatahama, Kitakyushu, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Kurume, Matsuyama, Goshogawara, Kagoshima, Tokyo, Pyongyang, Osaka, Dili, Seoul, Ambon, Jayapura, Fukuoka, Sapporo, Kyoto, Nagoya, Nagano, Shinjuku, Jongno, Incheon, Shibuya
- Russia – Yakutsk Time
- East Timor – Time in East Timor
- Indonesia – Eastern Indonesia Time
Discrepancies between official UTC+09:00 and geographical UTC+09:00
Areas located in UTC+09:00 longitudes using other time zones
This concerns areas within 127°30′ E and 142°30′ E longitude.
- Parts of Northeast China, including eastern half of Heilongjiang Province and Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture in Jilin Province, where UTC+08:00 is used.
- Parts of Australia, including easternmost parts of Western Australia where UTC+08:00 is used, Broken Hill where UTC+09:30 and DST UTC+10:30 is used, western parts of Queensland where UTC+10:00 is used, and westernmost parts of Victoria and New South Wales where UTC+10:00 and UTC+11:00 in summer time, is used.
- The westernmost parts of Papua New Guinea, where UTC+10:00 is used.
- The westernmost parts of Sakhalin Island in Russia, where UTC+11:00 is used.
Areas located outside UTC+09:00 longitudes using UTC+09:00 time
Areas between 97°30′ E and 112°30′ E ("physical" UTC+07:00)
Areas between 112°30′ E and 127°30′ E ("physical" UTC+08:00)
- Large areas, for example all of Zabaykalsky Krai
- The western islands in the provinces of Maluku and North Maluku (from south to north):
- Parts of Okinawa Prefecture:
- The western parts of Korea, including the capital city, Seoul
Areas between 142°30′ E and 157°30′ E ("physical" UTC+10:00)
- The eastern parts of Hokkaido, including Obihiro, Kushiro, and Nemuro
- Minami-Tori-shima in Ogasawara municipality
- New Siberian Islands
- Time in Russia
- Time in North Korea
- Time in South Korea
- Japan Standard Time
- Time in Indonesia
- Time in East Timor
- "RUSSIA TIME ZONES - RUSSIA CURRENT TIMES". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Sakha – Western, Russia Time Zone". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- "Indonesia Time Zones – Indonesia Current Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Gwlliam Law. "Provinces of Indonesia". Statoids. Retrieved 27 October 2012.