|04:21, 17 June 2021 UTC+07:00|
|105 degrees E|
UTC+07:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of +07:00. In ISO 8601 the associated time would be written as 2021-06-17T04:21:53+07:00. It is 7 hours ahead of the UTC, meaning areas in this time zone would be 07:00 while UTC is shown to midnight (00:00).
Also known as Indochina Time (ICT) and Western Indonesian Time (Indonesian: Waktu Indonesia Barat, WIB) (in Indonesia), it is used in:
As standard time (all year round)
Principal cities: Jakarta, Om Noi, Baturaja, Palabuhanratu, Kalasin, Batu, Calang, Langsa, Sigli, Palangka Raya, Teunom, Tapaktuan, Takengon, Suka Makmue, Amnat Charoen, Sinabang, Simpang Tiga Redelong, Lhoknga, Lhokseumawe, Kutacane, Idi Rayeuk, Karang Baru, Curup, Meulaboh, Jantho, Suphan Buri, Pathum Thani, Rangsit, Lampang, Bekasi, Manggar, Ciamis, Jambi, Ambarawa, Sampit, Gombong, Selat Panjang, Ang Thong, Amnat Charoen, Sungai Guntung, Panipahan, Sungai Pakning, Siak Sri Indrapura, Pangkalan Kerinci, Tembilahan, Teluk Kuantan, Madiun, Rengat, Probolinggo, Bangkinang, Sungailiat, Muntok, Toboali, Mukomuko, Cianjur, Kediri, Putussibau, Dumai, Majalengka, Sukabumi, Ao Nang, Hat Yai, Sibolga, Gunungsitoli, Padangsidempuan, Sungai Penuh, Banda Aceh, Tebing Tinggi, Hua Hin, Bengkulu, Pangkal Pinang, Singkawang, Solok, Cilegon, Karawang, Payakumbuh, Balige, Malang, Bogor, Pariaman, Menggala, Sipirok, Serang, Cirebon, Pekanbaru, Surakarta, Tanjung Pandan, Langsa, Pasuruan, Sawahlunto, Binjai, Tangerang, Banyuwangi, Depok, Mojokerto, Tanjungpinang, Lubuklinggau, Pagar Alam, Batam, Ketapang, Bandar Lampung, Rayong, Phuket, Garut, Tasikmalaya, Salatiga, Chiang Mai, Bandung, Semarang, Padang, Pontianak, Sabang, Padang Panjang, Medan, Palembang, Pangkalan Bun, Tegal, Surabaya, Pamekasan, Vientiane, Phnom Penh, South Tangerang, Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok, Yogyakarta, Hanoi, Blitar, Sumedang, Nakhon Ratchasima, Cam Ranh, Subulussalam, Krasnoyarsk, Novosibirsk
- Russia – Krasnoyarsk Time
It is considered the westernmost time zone in East Asia.
- Australia – Christmas Island Time
- Cambodia – Time in Cambodia (Indochina Time)
- Indonesia – Western Indonesia Time
- Laos – Time in Laos (Indochina Time)
- Thailand – Time in Thailand (Indochina Time)
- Vietnam - Time in Vietnam (Indochina Time)
Discrepancies between official UTC+07:00 and geographical UTC+07:00
Since legal, political, and economic in addition to physical or geographical criteria are used in the drawing of time zones, it follows that official time zones do not precisely adhere to meridian lines.
The UTC+07:00 time zone, were it drawn by purely geographical terms, would consist of exactly the area between meridians 97°30′ E and 112°30′ E.
As a result, there are places which, despite lying in an area with a "physical" UTC+07:00 time, actually use another time zone.
Conversely, there are areas that have adopted UTC+07:00, even though their "physical" time zone is UTC+08:00, UTC+06:00, or even UTC+05:00.
Areas located within UTC+07:00 longitudes using other time zones
This concerns areas within 97°30′ E to 112°30′ E longitude.
- Using UTC+06:30
Eastern part of Myanmar
- Using UTC+08:00
In China, many parts of central China including these divisions:
- western two thirds of Hunan
- western half of:
- western third of:
Outside China & Russia:
- Most of central Mongolia including the capital Ulaanbaatar
- Peninsular Malaysia
- Western part of Sarawak in Malaysian Borneo including Kuching
- Using UTC+09:00
Areas located outside UTC+07:00 longitudes using UTC+07:00 time
- The westernmost part of Indonesia including most of the province Aceh with its capital Banda Aceh.
- Westernmost part of Mongolia
- Parts of Russia:
Areas between 112°30′ E and 127°30′ E ("physical" UTC+08:00)
- The easternmost part of Java including East Java's capital Surabaya, Sidoarjo, Malang, and Banyuwangi.
- The island of Bawean and Madura, and islands of Kangean and Masalembu, which administratively belong to East Java Province.
- Eastern part of West Kalimantan, and most of Central Kalimantan, including the capital Palangka Raya
- The very easternmost part of Krasnoyarsk Krai
Historical time offsets
The Republic of China's offset for this time zone was Kansu-Szechwan, and was used until 1949, when the Chinese Communist Party took control of Mainland China following the Chinese Civil War and made UTC+08:00 the standard time for all areas under its control. Formerly, from 1918 to 1949, this time offset was used in eastern Sikang and Tsinghai, central Outer Mongolia (1921–1924), and all of Yunnan, Kwangsi, Kweichow, Ningsia, Suiyuan, Kansu, and Shensi.
- Singapore Standard Time
- Time in Australia
- Time in Cambodia
- Time in China
- Time in Indonesia
- Time in Laos
- Time in Malaysia
- Time in Mongolia
- Time in Russia
- Time in Thailand
- Time in Vietnam
- "Russia Time Zones – Russia Current Times". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Russia Time Zone Map". WorldTimeZone.com. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "HOVT – Hovd Time". Asian time zones. Time and Date. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Indonesia Time Zones – Indonesia Current Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Gwlliam Law. "Provinces of Indonesia". Statoids. Retrieved 27 October 2012.