|Directed by||Raaghav Ranganathan|
|Produced by||Preetha Raaghav|
|Music by||Navneet Sundar|
Ticket is a 2021 bilingual comedy drama film written and directed by Raaghav Ranganathan, and produced by Preetha Raaghav. Shot in Tamil and English, the film features Raaghav in the lead role, alongside Karthik Kumar, Lakshmi Priyaa Chandramouli and Sanam Shetty.
- Raaghav Ranganathan as Avinash Ravichander
- Karthik Kumar as Althif Hussain
- Lakshmi Priyaa Chandramouli as Shalini
- Sanam Shetty as Ria
- Babloo Prithiveeraj as a local don
- Aishwarya as Sona
- Vatsan Chakravarthy as Craig
- Kavithalaya Krishnan as Kumar
- Balaji Venugopal
- Shylaja Chetlur as Priya Francis
The film marked the directorial debut of Raaghav Ranganathan, who revealed that Ticket was a "thriller with a tinge of black humour". Raaghav played the lead role alongside Karthik Kumar, Lakshmi Priyaa Chandramouli and Sanam Shetty. The film began its shoot in mid-2015 and progressed throughout 2016. The title of the film was a play on the Tamil phrase "Ticket Vaangittaan!", alluding to death, a concept explored in the film.
Raaghav worked on the post-production of the film in early 2017, alongside his acting commitments for another project titled Beep.
Release and reception
The film was premiered at the London Indian Film Festival in 2017, with screenings held in London, Wembley and Birmingham. Raaghav had sent the film for consideration to the organisers, and the film was selected to be screened. It became first independent Tamil film to be premiered at the Empire, Leicester Square theatre in London. A reviewer noted "Ticket may not be ground-breaking cinema, but it is the perfect bit of lighter counterbalance to other, more weighty festival offerings, and a solid directorial debut from Raaghav Ranganathan." The film was also appreciated for its pro-LGBT theme.
The film was initially set to have a theatrical release in 2017, but it did not materialise. Libra Productions' Ravindar Chandrasekaran announced that he had procured the rights of the film in March 2018, but the film later did not have theatrical release.
- Subhakeerthana, S. (11 February 2016). "Of tales straight from the heart". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Ticket, a pro-LGBT film is directed by Raghav". Behindwoods. 10 July 2017.
- "Ticket the Movie". 16 April 2017.
- "லண்டன் திரைப்பட விழாவில் டிக்கெட் திரையீடு | Ticket movie to be screen london film festvial". தினமலர் - சினிமா. 13 June 2017.
- "Trailer of Ticket promises thrills and intrigue". The New Indian Express.
- "I hit the gym to overcome the pressure in getting film roles". Tamil Diplomat. 7 October 2015.
- Suganth, M (16 January 2017). "I hit the gym to overcome the pressure in getting film roles". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 June 2021.
- "Perception of Tamil cinema is eclipsed by Bollywood". 22 July 2017.
- "Raghav has special powers in his next - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "'Ticket' goes to London Film Festival - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Matthews, Katherine (19 June 2017). "LIFF SPECIAL REVIEW: Ticket – The Movie".
- "Raghav Preetha open up about his gay liplock scene : Interview videos - IndiaGlitz.com" – via www.indiaglitz.com.
- "Ashanti Omkar, Tamil actor/director Raaghav Ranganathan". BBC. 25 June 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2020.
- "Raaghav Ranganathan | WEF | Women Economic Forum".
- "Ravindar Chandrasekaran to release Raaghavn Ranganathan's Ticket". Behindwoods. 23 March 2018.