|• Mayor||Philippe Boury|
|• Total||83.36 km2 (32.19 sq mi)|
|• Density||140/km2 (370/sq mi)|
On 1 January 2006 the municipality had 11,571 inhabitants. The total area is 83.36 km², giving a population density of 139 inhabitants per km².
The municipality consists of the following districts: La Reid, and Polleur, and Theux.
In World War II, the 75th Division of the U.S. Army, 575th Signal Co., maintained its command post in the town from January 10–12, 1945, as it counterattacked against the German army in the Battle of the Bulge.
- Franchimont Castle is located in Theux municipality.
- A Perron, symbol of the town's status.
- Shrine of Tancrémont, in the hamlet of Tancrémont.
- "Wettelijke Bevolking per gemeente op 1 januari 2018". Statbel. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Media related to Theux at Wikimedia Commons