|The West~Bound Limited|
|Directed by||Emory Johnson|
|Written by||Emilie Johnson|
Story and Screenplay
|Produced by||Pat Powers|
|Distributed by||Film Booking Offices of America|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
This article needs a plot summary. (December 2020)
Actor Role Ralph Lewis Bill Buckley Claire McDowell Mrs. Bill Buckley Ella Hall Esther Miller John Harron Johnny Buckley Taylor Graves Henry Wedgwood Nowell Raymond McKim David Kirby Jack Smith Richard Morris Bernard Miller Jane Morgan Mrs. Bernard Miller
A report created by film historian and archivist David Pierce for the Library of Congress claims:
- 75% of original silent-era films have perished.
- 14% of the 10,919 silent films released by major studios exist in their original 35mm or other formats.
- 11% survive in full-length foreign versions or on film formats of lesser image quality. Many silent-era films did not survive for reasons as explained on this Wikipedia page.
Emory Johnson directed a total of 13 films, of which 11 were silent, and 2 were Talkies.The West~Bound Limited was the third film in Emory Johnson's eight-picture contract with FBO. The film's original length is listed at 7 reels. According to the Library of Congress website, this film has the status:
- Completeness: incomplete
- Digital files produced from 16mm print on loan from a private collector.
The film is available on YouTube and from various DVD vendors
- The AFI Catalog of Feature Films: The Westbound Limited
- Progressive Silent Film List: The West~Bound Limited at silentera.com
- Pierce, David. "The Survival of American Silent Films: 1912-1929" (PDF). Library Of Congress. Council on Library and Information Resources and the Library of Congress. Retrieved November 18, 2020.
- Slide, Anthony (2000). Nitrate Won't Wait: History of Film Preservation in the United States. McFarland. p. 5. ISBN 978-0786408368. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
It is often claimed that 75 percent of all American silent films are gone and 50 percent of all films made prior to 1950 are lost, but such figures, as archivists admit in private, were thought up on the spur of the moment, without statistical information to back them up.
- The Library of Congress American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog: The WestBound Limited
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The West~Bound Limited.|