|Directed by||Giorgio Simonelli|
|Written by||Pietro Garinei |
|Produced by||Antonio Altoviti |
|Starring||Peppino De Filippo |
|Edited by||Giuseppe Vari|
|Music by||Gino Filippini|
C.M. Produzione Film
The Transporter (Italian: La bisarca) is a 1950 Italian comedy science fiction film directed by Giorgio Simonelli and starring Peppino De Filippo, Silvana Pampanini, Lída Baarová and Aroldo Tieri. It is based on a radio program with the same name.
A barber is engaged to a manicurist working in the shop, but he grows jealous and picks a quarrel with one of the customers. Struck on the head he crashes into a radio playing a serial programme. Knocked unconscious he begins to have bizarre dreams about a deluge and a car transporter which functions as a Noah's Ark.
- Peppino De Filippo as Toni La Motta
- Lída Baarová as Greta
- Clelia Matania as Dolores Garcia
- Silvana Pampanini as Mirella
- Aroldo Tieri as Alberto
- Carlo Campanini as Salvador Garcia
- Enrico Viarisio as Georges Durand
- Kay Medford as Anna Paperiska
- Maria Donati as Georges Durand's Wife
- Riccardo Billi as Noè
- Franco Coop as Otto Krüger
- Paul Muller as Complice di Anna Paperiska
- Galeazzo Benti as Cliente galante
- Tino Buazzelli as Dimitri
- Arturo Bragaglia as Mayor
- Virgilio Riento as Capo della banda di Arcachon
- Vittorio Sanipoli as Johnny
- Nietta Zocchi as Cliente di La Motta
- Bruno Corelli
- Mario Siletti
- Giulio Donnini
- Franco Pesce
- Chiti, Roberto & Poppi, Roberto. Dizionario del cinema italiano: Dal 1945 al 1959. Gremese Editore, 1991.
- Gundle, Stephen. Fame Amid the Ruins: Italian Film Stardom in the Age of Neorealism. Berghahn Books, 2019.