|The Telephone Operator|
|Directed by||Nunzio Malasomma|
|Edited by||Nunzio Malasomma|
|Music by||Otto Stransky|
The Telephone Operator (Italian: La telefonista) is a 1932 Italian comedy film directed by Nunzio Malasomma and starring Isa Pola, Mimì Aylmer and Luigi Cimara. It was a remake of the German film Wrong Number, Miss, released the same year.
The future star María Denis had a small role in the film.
- Isa Pola as La telefonista
- Mimì Aylmer as La 'mannequin'
- Luigi Cimara as Il direttore del telefoni
- Sergio Tofano as Bàttigo - the tenor
- Camillo Pilotto as La cameraman
- Giovanni Grasso as Gedeone
- Marcella Rovena as Bàttigo's wife
- Mancini p.66
- Reich, Jacqueline & Garofalo, Piero. Re-viewing Fascism: Italian Cinema, 1922-1943. Indiana University Press, 2002.
- Mancini, Elaine. Struggles of the Italian film industry during fascism, 1930-1935. UMI Research Press, 1985.