|The Sweet and the Bitter|
|Directed by||Andrea Porporati|
|Music by||Ezio Bosso|
The Sweet and the Bitter (Italian: Il dolce e l'amaro) is a 2007 Italian crime-drama film directed by Andrea Porporati. It entered the competition at the 64th Venice International Film Festival.
- Luigi Lo Cascio as Saro Scordia
- Gaetano Bruno as Mimmo Butera
- Toni Gambino as Gaetano Butera
- Fabrizio Gifuni as Stefano
- Donatella Finocchiaro as Ada
- Ornella Giusto as Antonia
- Renato Carpentieri as Vicari
- Luigi Lo Cascio as Saro's Father
Saro is the son of a Sicilian criminal. He visits his father during a revolt in the prison where he is one of the leaders. At the end of the occupation his father dies, presumably under the fire of the police breaking in to suppress the revolt.
- Paolo D'Agostino (5 September 2007). "Quella risata del picciotto Lo Cascio mafioso minimalista per Porporati". La Repubblica. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- Lee Marshall (12 September 2007). "The Sweet and the Bitter (Il Dolce e l'Amaro)". Screen International. Retrieved 25 February 2014.