|Directed by||Richard Ramsey|
|Produced by||Shane Sooter|
|Written by||Richard Ramsey|
|Music by||Vince Emmett|
|Edited by||Jared Hardy|
City on a Hill Studios
|Distributed by||Samuel Goldwyn Films|
|Box office||$1 million|
The Song is a 2014 American romantic drama film written and directed by Richard Ramsey. The film follows about a singer-songwriter, whose marriage suffers when the song he wrote for his wife propels him to stardom. The film was inspired by the Song of Songs and the life of Solomon.
Jed King is the son of successful country music legend, David King. Jed meets Rose, the daughter of a vineyard owner, and marries her. He writes a song about her that propels him to stardom. Conflict arises when King becomes involved with Shelby Bale, a free-spirited young musician who is on tour with him. King’s career and marriage begin a downward spiral as a result of his choices and the film chronicles his struggles.
- Alan Powell as Jed King
- Ali Faulkner as Rose
- Caitlin Nicol-Thomas as Shelby
- Danny Vinson as Shep Jordan
- Aaron Benward as David King
- Kenda Benward as Bethany King
- Jude Ramsey as Ray King
- Gary Jenkins as Stan
- Landon Marshall as Eddie
- Alan Powell is co-founder of Anthem Lights.
- Aaron (David King) and Kenda Benward (Bethany) are married in real life as well, and parents of Luke Benward.
- "The Song (2014) - Box Office Mojo". www.boxofficemojo.com.
- "'This Is Who I Am' Aaron Benward Video on YouTube about his family". YouTube.com. 2013-11-11.