The Polytechnic, Ibadan (typically called "Poly Ibadan") is an institution of higher learning in Ibadan in Oyo State, Nigeria. Founded in 1970, Poly Ibadan is similar to other polytechnics in Nigeria. The institution was established to provide an alternative higher education to universities, particularly in technical skill acquisition. The vocational and skills acquisition centre is poised to ensure that students master a skill before leaving the institution and also provides skills training to the host community. The Polytechnic Ibadan is also well known for its unique slogan written in Yoruba language as "Ise loogun Ise" which means 'Work (is) the medicine for poverty', a classical Yoruba adage which stresses that hard work is the way out of poverty.
The institution offers a wide range of specialized short courses for the purpose of improving the vocational capabilities of technical and commercial workers. Poly Ibadan awards the National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), Post Graduate Diploma ( PGD) and other professional certificates to its graduates. It also provides opportunities for creative development and research related to the needs of teaching, industry and the business community.
The polytechnic runs mainly National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes in the following on full-time, part-time or sandwich basis.
Faculties and their Departments
Faculty of Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
Faculty of Science
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Biology and Microbiology
- Applied Chemistry
- Physics with Electronics
- Computer Science
Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Building Technology
- Painting and Sculpture
- Industrial Design
- Graphics & Printing
- Land Surveying and Geoinformatics
Faculty of Financial Management Science
- Banking and Finance
Faculty of Business and Communication Science
- Mass Communication
- Business Administration
- Office Technology Management
- Purchasing and Supply
- Local Government Studies
- Public Administration
- Dapo Lam Adesina, Member of House of Representative for Ibadan North East/South Federal Constituency
- Rauf Aregbesola, is a Nigerian politician. He served previously as the governor of Osun State between 2010 and 2018. He is presently the Minister of interior.
- Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi . Traditional monarch of Ilé-Ifè, Osun State, Nigeria
- Rotimi Bankole, Media and communication professional
- "-::Official Website of The Polytechnic, Ibadan". www.polyibadan.edu.ng. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "THE POLYTECHNIC IBADAN - VSESC". www.polyibadan.edu.ng. Retrieved 25 May 2021.
- "Insecurity: Ibadan polytechnic suspends public activities indefinitely". 27 June 2021. Retrieved 23 August 2021.
- "Ibadan poly suspends activities over insecurity". The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News. 28 June 2021. Retrieved 23 August 2021.
- The Polytechnic Ibadan (2016). Student Handbook (Session 2015/16 ed.). Ibadan: The Student Affairs Division. p. 5.
- "Ibadan Poly releases 2020/2021 admission list". Latest Nigeria News, Nigerian Newspapers, Politics. 19 May 2021. Retrieved 23 August 2021.
- "My Travails In The Hands of Brigadier-General Olagunsoye Oyinlola (rtd) And His Goons". Sahara Reporters. 25 May 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2021.
- "Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II: …the Man, his Passion and the Crown". Vanguard News. 7 December 2015. Retrieved 23 August 2021.
- "Rotimi Bankole Awarded Marketing Media Personality of the Decade at Marketing Edge Awards". Businessday NG. 26 October 2020. Retrieved 23 August 2021.