|The Old Man|
|Directed by||Manning Haynes|
|Produced by||S.W. Smith|
|Written by||Edgar Wallace|
|Based on||The Old Man|
by Edgar Wallace
|Starring||Maisie Gay |
|Distributed by||British Lion Film Corporation|
|31 December 1931|
The Old Man is a 1931 British mystery film directed by Manning Haynes and starring Maisie Gay, Anne Grey and Lester Matthews. It is based on the play of the same name by Edgar Wallace, with several actors reprising their roles. The film marked the screen debut of Scottish actor Finlay Currie.
- Maisie Gay as Mrs. Harris
- Anne Grey as Lady Arranways
- Lester Matthews as Keith Keller
- Cecil Humphreys as Lord Arranways
- D.A. Clarke-Smith as John Lorney
- Diana Beaumont as Millie Jeans
- Gerald Rawlinson as Dick Mayford
- Frank Stanmore as Charles
- Finlay Currie as Rennett
- Alan Goble The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film 1999 p. 488
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.