|The Night of the Cookers|
|Live album by|
|Recorded||April 9 & 10 1965|
|Freddie Hubbard chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz & Blues Album Guide|||
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
The Night of the Cookers is a live album by trumpeter Freddie Hubbard recorded at Club La Marchal in April 1965 and released on the Blue Note label, originally as two volumes on LP. It features performances by Hubbard, Lee Morgan, James Spaulding, Harold Mabern, Jr., Larry Ridley, Pete LaRoca and Big Black. It has been called "one of the most compelling documents of a live band in full flight".
- "Pensativa" (Clare Fischer) - 23:30
- "Walkin'" (Richard Carpenter) - 19:27
- "Jodo" - 22:15
- "Breaking Point" - 21:43
- All compositions by Freddie Hubbard except as indicated
- Recorded on April 9 & 10, 1965 at Club La Marchal, Brooklyn, NY
- Freddie Hubbard: trumpet
- Lee Morgan: trumpet
- James Spaulding: alto saxophone, flute
- Harold Mabern, Jr.: piano
- Larry Ridley: bass
- Pete LaRoca: drums
- Danny "Big Black" Rey: congas
- Wynn, Ron. The Night of the Cookers at AllMusic
- Swenson, John (1999). The Rolling Stone Jazz & Blues Album Guide. Random House. p. 334. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 733. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.
- Maxwell Chandler, "Remembering Freddie Hubbard and The Night of the Cookers (Blue Note, 1965)", Jazz Police, December 30, 2008.