|The Knight Has Arrived!|
|Directed by||Mario Monicelli |
|Written by||Age & Scarpelli|
|Produced by||Carlo Ponti|
|Starring||Tino Scotti |
|Edited by||Franco Fraticelli|
|Music by||Nino Rota|
|Distributed by||Minerva Film|
|6 December 1950|
The film's sets were designed by the art director Flavio Mogherini. It earned around 254 million lira at the Italian box office. It was shown as part of a retrospective on Italian comedy at the 67th Venice International Film Festival in 2010.
The eccentric leader of a group of small-time Hawkers known as "The Knight" tries to prevent the area they use from being redeveloped as part of a new business and Metro station complex. Employing a number of surreal schemes, he is eventually successful.
- Tino Scotti as Il Cavaliere
- Silvana Pampanini as Carla Colombo
- Enrico Viarisio as Il Ministro
- Enzo Biliotti as Il Commissario
- Nyta Dover as Musette
- Rocco D'Assunta as Capo dei Banditi
- Galeazzo Benti as Marchese Bevilacqua
- Marcella Rovena as Signora Varelli
- Alda Mangini as Moglie del Ministro
- Federico Collino as Commendatore Varelli
- Giovanna Galletti as Signora Colombo
- Carlo Mazzarella as L'Assessore
- Arturo Bragaglia as Buchs
- Ettore Jannetti as Signor Colombo
- Chiti & Poppi p.135
- "Italian Comedy - The State of Things". labiennale.org. Retrieved 2010-08-01.
- Chiti, Roberto & Poppi, Roberto. Dizionario del cinema italiano: Dal 1945 al 1959. Gremese Editore, 1991.