|The House Without a Key|
|Directed by||Spencer Gordon Bennet|
|Written by||Earl Derr Biggers (novel)|
Frank Leon Smith
|Distributed by||Pathé Exchange|
The House Without a Key is a 1926 American mystery film serial directed by Spencer Gordon Bennet. It is based on the 1925 novel of the same name and is the first onscreen appearance of the fictional detective Charlie Chan, although the main stars are Allene Ray and Walter Miller. The film is now considered to be lost.
- Allene Ray as Carry Egan
- Walter Miller as John Quincy Winterclip
- E. H. Calvert as Dan Winterclip
- Betty Caldwell as Barbara Winterclip
- Natalie Warfield as Minerva Winterclip
- Jack Pratt as James Egan
- William Bailey as Harry Jennison (as William Norton Bailey)
- Frank Lackteen as Kaohla
- George Kuwa as Charlie Chan
- Harry Semels as Saladine
- Charles West as Bowker (as Charles H. West)
- John Cossar as District Attorney
- Scott Seaton as Detective
- Cliff Saum as Kennedy
- John Webb Dillion
- Shia Jung as The young Chinese girl (uncredited)
- Harmon, Jim; Donald F. Glut (1973). "8. The Detectives "Gangbusters!"". The Great Movie Serials: Their Sound and Fury. Routledge. p. 181. ISBN 978-0-7130-0097-9.
- "Progressive Silent Film List: The House Without a Key". Silent Era. Retrieved February 16, 2008.