|The Colour Room|
|Directed by||Claire McCarthy|
|Screenplay by||Claire Peate|
|Music by||Nitin Sawhney|
|Distributed by||Sky Cinema|
The Colour Room is an upcoming British drama film directed by Claire McCarthy from a screenplay by Claire Peate. The film stars Phoebe Dynevor (in her feature film debut), Matthew Goode, David Morrissey, Darci Shaw, Kerry Fox and Luke Norris. It is based on the life of 1920s and 30s ceramic artist Clarice Cliff.
- Phoebe Dynevor as Clarice Cliff
- Matthew Goode as Colley Shorter
- David Morrissey as Fred Ridgeway
- Darci Shaw as Dot
- Kerry Fox as Ann
- Luke Norris
The film is being developed by Caspian Films, Sky Cinema, and Creative England with Thembisa Cochrane and Georgie Paget producing and Neil Jones co-producing. Laura Grange of Sky, Paul Ashton of Creative England, and David Gilbery, Charlie Dorfman, and Marlon Vogelgesang of Media Finance Capital are executive producing. It is directed by Claire McCarthy and written by Claire Peate.
It was announced in March 2021 that Phoebe Dynevor would play Cliff with Matthew Goode starring alongside her as Colley Shorter. Also cast were Kerry Fox, David Morrissey, Darci Shaw, and Luke Norris.
- Ramachandran, Naman (March 17, 2021). "'Bridgerton' Star Phoebe Dynevor, Matthew Goode Lead Sky Original Biopic 'The Colour Room'". Variety. Retrieved March 17, 2021.
- "Film and TV Projects Going Into Production - The Colour Room". Variety Insight. Archived from the original on March 17, 2021. Retrieved March 17, 2021.
- "Sky announces start of production in England for The Colour Room, a Sky Original". Sky. 17 March 2021. Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- Elliott, Louise (2 April 2021). "First pictures from Gladstone Pottery as filming starts for The Colour Room starring Bridgerton actress Phoebe Dynevor". Stoke Sentinel. Retrieved 11 April 2021.