|In the Tentacles of the North|
|Directed by||Louis Chaudet|
|Produced by||Ben F. Wilson|
|Edited by||Earl Turner|
Ben Wilson Productions
|Distributed by||Rayart Pictures|
In the Tentacles of the North is a 1926 American silent adventure film directed by Louis Chaudet and starring Gaston Glass, Alice Calhoun and Joseph W. Girard. Two ships, on a journey lead by Captin Van Horn, become trapped in ice in the Arctic Ocean. The crews have to abandon their cargo from whaling, and go out searching for a group of migrating eskimos. This is their only chance at survival. It was based on a story by James Oliver Curwood.
- Gaston Glass as Francis Wainfield
- Alice Calhoun as Rac Brown
- Joseph W. Girard as Dan Blake
- Alan Roscoe as Capt. Van Horn
- Al Ferguson as Cole
- T. Hohai as Eskimo Chief
- Frank Baker as First Mate
- Munden p.791
- Munden, Kenneth White. The American Film Institute Catalog of Motion Pictures Produced in the United States, Part 1. University of California Press, 1997.
cinema, PELICULAS MUDAS / Silent. “In the Tentacles of the North (1926, EE. UU.), Louis Chaudet.” YouTube, YouTube, November 29, 2017, www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN91gCwdZIU.
“Tentacles of the North.” IMDb, IMDb.com, www.imdb.com/title/tt0017451/?ref_=nm_knf_t3.