Most often, the Ten of Wands card carries the meaning of overload and burdening situations where too much responsibility has been taken on by the subject.
The key meanings of the Ten of Wands:
- Intense pressure
- A person overburdened by his enterprise, is nevertheless active and on the move, but not seeing past his wands (or obligations).
- A city can be observed in the background. He may be headed there, perhaps with the goal of ridding himself of this load.
- Dummett, Michael (1980). The Game of Tarot. Gerald Duckworth and Company Ltd. ISBN 0-7156-1014-7.
- Huson, Paul, (2004) Mystical Origins of the Tarot: From Ancient Roots to Modern Usage, Vermont: Destiny Books, ISBN 0-89281-190-0 Mystical Origins of the Tarot Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Trusted Tarot (2010) Ten of Wands