This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Team8 is a company-building venture group based out of Tel Aviv, Israel. It describes itself as a think tank and company creation platform. It has been in news for its partnership with Intel via a spin off company Illusive Networks, Citigroup, Microsoft and Qualcomm amongst others. It has also been in news for receiving funding from Bessemer Venture Partners.
The company was founded in 2014 by Ronni Zehavi, Liran Grinberg, Israel Grimberg and Nadav Zafrir, three former leaders of Israel's military intelligence Unit 8200. It is understood that Illusive Networks built a solution for Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) by building false “virtual networks”, designed to lure in, trick and trap malicious hackers. The partnership with Microsoft is believed to be for researching cybersecurity challenges.
- Lunden, Ingrid (2017-08-13). "Intel steps up security efforts in Israel with Team8, Illusive and a new cyber center". techcrunch.
- Cohen, Tova (2017-08-13). "Microsoft, Qualcomm back Israel's Team8 cybersecurity firm". reuters.com.
- Kepes, Ben (2017-08-13). "Team8 Brings Together Some Of The Sharpest Cyber-Security Minds... The "What For?" Is TBD". forbes.com.
- Solomon, Shoshanna. "Israeli cybersecurity firm Team8 gets Walmart, Airbus backing for $85m fund". www.timesofisrael.com. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- Ackerman, Gwen (2017-08-13). "Microsoft, Qualcomm, Citi Join Israeli Cyber Syndicate". bloomberg.
- "Retired NSA Director Mike Rogers Joins Israeli Think Tank". www.team8.vc. Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- Team8. "Former NSA Director and Commander of US Cyber Command Mike Rogers Joins Cybersecurity Foundry Team8 as a Senior Advisor". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-06-28.