|William Stacy has been listed as one of the History good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Biography assessment rating comment
Will incorporate suggestions
Thank you very much for the assessment. Will incorporate suggestions for improvement. Appreciate the feedback. Sincerely, ColWilliam 22:18, 27 June 2007 (UTC), a "newbie" to Wikipedia, and a first article.
No picture exists
Appreciate the suggestion of including a portrait of William Stacy. Unfortunately, there is no available published painting (portrait) or drawing of William Stacy. Also, Dr. Lemonds, the author of the “Col. William Stacy” book, was unable to locate a drawing, portrait, or likeness when he wrote the book in 1993. In addition to searching for a published portrait, Dr. Lemonds interacted with descendants of William Stacy, but no portrait or likeness could be found. Regards, ColWilliam 23:47, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
Re-set "needs-photo" to "no". Regards, ColWilliam 19:10, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
Incorporated biography infobox
Incorporated biography infobox using the default biography template, which seemed more appropriate than the military template. Regards, ColWilliam 01:28, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
Re-set "needs-infobox" to "no". Regards, ColWilliam 19:10, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
"Tory" vs "Loyalist"
This article makes extensive use of "Tory", thus giving it a pro-Revolutionary POV bias. Since "Tory" was a largely pejorative term (see Tory#American_Revolution), I'd recommend replacing it with the more neutral "Loyalist" (which also has a much better article of its own; see Loyalist (American Revolution)).
Good suggestion. Thank you. ColWilliam 21:34, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
- a proper lead, as a summary has few if any footnotes, this has 22
- needs more on his early life
- is there a painting or sketch of him so we know what he looked like?
- all the google links in the bibliography need cleaned up, have it display words not URLs
- possibly more later
- five days is allotted to act on these issues
Sumoeagle179 20:29, 25 August 2007 (UTC)
Thank you very much for your review and comments.
- Removed footnotes in the lead paragraph. ColWilliam 03:34, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- Created a section entitled "Early life" and expanded over original article. There is not a great deal of information available about his life prior to the Revolutionary War; most published information regarding Stacy concerns his time in the war and afterwards as a pioneer to Ohio. Will try to add more substance if possible. Thank you. ColWilliam 17:52, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, there is no available published painting or sketch of William Stacy. Dr. Lemonds, the author of the “Col. William Stacy” book, was unable to locate a likeness when he wrote his book; he searched for a published portrait, contacted historical societies, and interacted with descendants of William Stacy. ColWilliam 22:25, 25 August 2007 (UTC)
- Cleaned up the Google links in the bibliography to display words instead of URLs. ColWilliam 01:59, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- As to the refs in the lead, move them to an appropriate spot in the body, don't totally remove them. I should have been clearer. Sumoeagle179 12:14, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you. Understood. Refs were retained in the body. ColWilliam 14:11, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
Automated peer review
Editor peer review
Received peer review comments here from editor Awadewit. Thank you to Awadewit for the effort and comments. ColWilliam 23:08, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
Also received peer review comments here from editor Kevin Myers. Thank you to Kevin Myers for the effort and comments. ColWilliam 23:20, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
Requested a biography A-class review here for this article. ColWilliam (talk) 23:23, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
Requested a military history A-class review here for this article. ColWilliam (talk) 21:55, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
This article has been nominated for Version 0.7 of the offline Wikipedia release but did not meet the standards for importance. It has been put on Wikipedia:Release_Version_Nominations/Held_nominations for further review. Please see that page for details.
There is a discussion thread on the Joseph Brant talk page regarding the Brant-Stacy incident. If there are additional comments, please do not add comments here on the Stacy talk page; instead, for completeness, please add to the Joseph Brant talk page. Also, there is some limited description within the Cherry Valley massacre article. — ColWilliam (talk) 17:00, 20 November 2009 (UTC)
I think that there might be an error because when I searched "William Stacy" on Google it shows a picture of a police officer and says he's an "American revolutionary", idk how this would be fixed tho because it doesn't seem to be a problem with the wiki but with Google — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 00:40, 27 December 2020 (UTC)