|WikiProject Companies||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Business||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
This article covers "executive director" in the sense of the CEO of a nonprofit organization. There is an additional, quite different, meaning for "executive director," namely a member of a corporate board of directors who is also an employee of the company. This article doesn't seem to cover that meaning at all. The situation is compounded by the fact that "inside director," another term for this sort of board member, redirects to this article.
Maybe there's an article about the "inside director" or "executive director" who is a member of the board and also an employee of the company, but I haven't found it. We need to find it, or write a new article on the subject, or add some information to this article about it. --Lou Sander (talk) 02:07, 6 April 2011 (UTC)
- I've looked into this a little more, and haven't found anything about "executive director" (in the CEO sense) being used anywhere other than in nonprofit organizations. I propose to edit the article to emphasize that use, and to eliminate references or implications that it is used outside the nonprofit realm. I will also try to find some better and more detailed references on the subject.
- not written by author**(FYI, I am an executive director of an association that is not a non-profit). I looked here for definition and roles and find that titles and jobs can have many differentiating duties and it depends on the organization, size and type of association (Trade or Member).
- After the article is cleaned up in that way, I propose to add material about the second use of the term, in the meaning of "inside director," and maybe to create an article about "inside director." Lou Sander (talk) 17:12, 6 April 2011 (UTC)
- I've extensively copyedited the lead of this article, rewriting things and improving the references. I DID take out some material that I thought belonged mostly in other articles. I won't be upset if somebody feels strongly about this and restores the material. --Lou Sander (talk) 00:10, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
I have removed a section of this article, as it was not sourced, and it suggests an opinion. I could name several executive directors who have lacked any number of the listed "required" skills. - Here Under The Oaks (talk) 14:53, 4 July 2011 (UTC)
- I think you did the right thing. I would also be in favor of deleting the two unreferenced paragraphs under "Role". Lou Sander (talk) 18:44, 4 July 2011 (UTC)