|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Asian American studies article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject United States / Asian Americans||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|On June 18, 2021, it was proposed that this article be moved from Asian-American studies to Asian American studies. The result of the discussion was moved.|
additional content needed, will add stub template, etc. as soon as i figure out how Howee 05:31, 14 July 2005 (UTC)
- Agree. I have removed almost all of them as unnecessary. -- Satori Son 07:39, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
- Why is it unnecessary to list them? Gmatsuda 08:04, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
What about half-Asians
- Why would you think only Asian Americans could take Asian American Studies classes? Gmatsuda 20:14, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
Lack of information regarding specific Interdisciplinary Asian American Studies
There is a single sentence in this article about what actually constitutes Asian American studies (most of which has to be read on the actual Asian American wiki page. Additionally, important issues that are studied within Asian American studies, especially that of masculinity and femininity in the face of colonialism and assimilation, also only has a single sentence blurb. This single sentence does not even have a citation.
This section is limited to the establishment of Asian American Studies as part of the student movements in the San Francisco Bay Area and the founding of a unit within the College of Ethnic Studies at SFSU. The section would benefit from multiple historical origin stories, beyond the California-centered narrative (i.e. Midwestern universities, U.S. South, Ivy League, Canadian). Another area that could be improved is the omission of Pacific Islanders and the convergences and divergences between Asian American Studies and Pacific Islander Studies. DrPerillo (talk) 05:06, 8 November 2016 (UTC)DrPerillo
There are very few references (7), the lengths of sections are disproportionate, and aspects of the topic like Pacific Islanders are missing. According to "Evaluating Wikipedia" these are signs of poor quality. DrPerillo (talk) 05:11, 8 November 2016 (UTC)DrPerillo
Requested move 30 October 2020
RFC about the hyphen
- There is already some discussion on the MOS talk page, but I did want to bring this to a wider discussion with relation to a concrete change that was made (namely, here). The general move of style guides is towards dropping the hyphen. Should the same be done for MOS:HYPHEN and reflected in the title of this article? — Caorongjin (talk) 05:31, 9 May 2021 (UTC)
- This is not an RfC matter. --Redrose64 🌹 (talk) 07:03, 9 May 2021 (UTC)
- Yes Dayirmiter (talk) 12:13, 9 May 2021 (UTC)