|Broadcast area||Southeast Asia|
|Slogan||Life that is anything but ordinary.|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 480/576 for the SDTV feed)
|Sister channels||Discovery Channel|
Asian Food Network
Travel Channel Asia
|Launched||4 June 2001|
|Former names||Discovery Travel & Adventure |
Discovery Travel & Living
TLC is a Southeast Asian pay television channel that was launched in June 2001 as Discovery Travel & Adventure. It was the third channel launched by Discovery, Inc. in the region. It was initially focused on providing travel-related entertainment.
On January 1, 2005, the channel was rebranded as Discovery Travel & Living and received new programming. This was part of a major action within Discovery International to focus on lifestyle programming. The new schedules featured many cooking programmes and makeover shows.
On 1 September 2010, the channel was rebranded again into TLC, with international and local lineups. The new channel was said to be "bigger, better and bolder, featuring new places, genres, and faces."
- 1,000 Places to See Before You Die
- Amazing Eats
- Anthony Bourdain: The Layover
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
- Armando's Asian Twist
- Around the World in 80 Plates
- Cake Boss
- Chic Eats
- Fabulous Cakes
- The Flying Winemaker
- Fun Asia
- Fun Taiwan
- Fun Taiwan Challenge
- How To Cook Like Heston
- Island Feast With Peter Kuruvita
- Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
- Jamie's 30 Minute Meals
- Kitchen Boss
- Man v. Food Nation
- Mission Menu
- My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding
- Now Boarding India
- The Originals with Emeril
- Project Accessory
- Samantha Brown: Passport To Latin America
- Take Home Chef
- "The Flying Winemaker"
- The World's Richest People
- World's Weirdest Restaurants
- Osborne, Magz (June 5, 2001). "Discovery net gets the travel bug". Variety.
- "Discovery travel is born ... Alive dies". Television Asia. June 1, 2001.
- "Going places". Television Asia. July 1, 2001.
- Osborne, Magz (November 28, 2004). "Discovery discovers fresh lifestyle niche". Variety.
- "Cable channel changes focus from adventure to lifestyle". Asia Africa Intelligence Wire. January 4, 2005.
- "Discovery To Replace Travel & Living With TLC". Media Research Asia. July 20, 2011.