Sybil Werden (3 September 1924 – 27 July 2007) was a German dancer and actress during the 1950s.
Life and career
Born on 3 September 1924, Sybil Barbara Astrid Werden was the daughter of actress Margit Barnay and architect Hans Schmidt-Werden. Following training with Tatjana Gsovsky, she began her career as a dance soloist in 1946 at the Berlin State Opera, and then made her film debut in Das Letzte Rezept (The Last Recipe) in 1952. Married to fellow German actor Harald Juhnke (1929-2005) during the early part of that same decade, she and her husband welcomed the birth of daughter, Barbara, in 1953. Tragically, their daughter died two years later. After her son, Peter, was born in 1956, she retired from acting. She and her husband then divorced in 1962.
- Lentz III, Harris M. "Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2007: Film, Television, Radio, Theatre, Dance, Music, Cartoons and Pop Culture, pp. 401-402. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 2008.
- "Harald Juhnke" (obituary). London, United Kingdom: The Times, April 16, 2005.
- "Harald Juhnke" (obituary), The Times.
- Lentz III, Harris M. Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2007.
- Desires (1952)
- Street Serenade (1953)
- The Bird Seller (1953)
- On the Reeperbahn at Half Past Midnight (1954)
- Wenn der Vater mit dem Sohne (1955)
- Reaching for the Stars (1955)