The Honourable Madam Justice
Susan Kwan Shuk-hing
|Vice President of the Court of Appeal of the High Court|
|Assumed office |
|Justice of Appeal of the Court of Appeal of the High Court|
|Judge of the Court of First Instance of the High Court|
|Deputy Registrar of the High Court|
|Born||1954 (age 66–67)|
|Alma mater||University of Hong Kong|
Legal and judicial career
Kwan received an LLB in 1977 and a PCLL in 1978 from the University of Hong Kong. She was called to the Hong Kong Bar in 1979 and was a barrister in private practice until 1999. She was Honorary Secretary of the Hong Kong Bar Association from 1996 to 1999.
In 1999, Kwan was appointed as Deputy Registrar of the High Court. In 2001, she was appointed as a Judge of the Court of First Instance of the High Court. In 2002, she was appointed as the Judge in charge of the Companies and Bankruptcy List.
- "Appointment of Vice-President of the Court of Appeal". Government of Hong Kong. 29 March 2019.
- "Past Officers". Hong Kong Bar Association.
- "G.N. 2763" Hong Kong Government Gazette (No. 18, Vol. 5, 4 May 2001)
- "Judicial Appointment". Government of Hong Kong. 3 May 2002.
- "G.N. 6083" Hong Kong Government Gazette (No. 40, Vol. 13, 2 October 2009)
- "G.N. 2506" Hong Kong Government Gazette (No. 15, Vol. 23, 12 April 2019)
- "Company Law in Hong Kong: Insolvency, 2019". Sweet & Maxwell.
- "Company Law in Hong Kong: Practice and Procedure, 2019". Sweet & Maxwell.