|Subramanyam for sale|
|Directed by||Harish Shankar|
|Produced by||Dil Raju|
|Written by||Harish Shankar (Dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||Ramesh Reddy|
|Story by||Harish Shankar|
|Starring||Sai Dharam Tej|
|Music by||Mickey J Meyer |
|Edited by||Gautham Raju|
|Box office||est. ₹33.95 crore|
Subramanyam For Sale is a 2015 Telugu-language action romantic comedy film written and directed by Harish Shankar, produced by Dil Raju on Sri Venkateswara Creations banner. The film stars Sai Dharam Tej, Regina Cassandra, and Adah Sharma . The music is composed by Mickey J Meyer. The film was later remade by Eskay Movies in Bengali in 2018 as Chalbaaz starring Bangladeshi superstar Shakib Khan and Subhashree Ganguly.
Subramanyam / Subbu (Sai Dharam Tej) is a money-minded boy who goes to the United States to earn big bucks. One day, he comes across Seetha (Regina Cassandra), who ran away on her marriage day. As time passes by, Seetha gets cheated by her boyfriend and is left stranded in the US, when Subramanyam comes to Seetha's rescue and solves her problems. The twist in the tale arises when Seetha requests Subramanyam to come along with her to India. Subramanyam accepts the proposal by demanding a huge amount. The couple lands in India, and to their surprise, the entire family misunderstands them to be already married. Meanwhile, Govind (Ajay), a dreaded don, is after Subramanyam for him to marry the former's sister Durga (Adah Sharma). Govind reaches Seetha's marriage and reveals the truth. Seetha returns to the States, and after a week, Subbu also returns. Seetha asks him about his wife, to which Subbu says that the marriage was broken. Both of them talk about how they will marry.
- Sai Dharam Tej as Subramanyam (Patel in Hindi version); a money-minded, happy-go-lucky man who arrives to the US to earn more money.
- Regina Cassandra as Seetha; a girl from a decent, traditional family who ran away on her marriage day but was cheated by her boyfriend Abhi in the US.
- Adah Sharma as Durga; sister of Govind, dreams of marrying Subramanyam.
- Brahmanandam as Chintakaya; the comedian-uncle of Subramanyam.
- Suman as Reddappa; Paternal uncle of Seetha, head of the family.
- Nagendra Babu as Raja Shekar; a popular Telugu NRI in the US who organizes the made-for-each-other contest, later gives his son's hand in marriage with Geetha.
- Ajay as Govind; Durga's brother, a dreaded don in Hyderabad city who is behind Subramanyam to marry his sister upon his father's last wish.
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Govind's father; who asks Govind to get Durga married to Subramanyam as his last wish.
- Rao Ramesh as B. M. Bujji; a local goon in Kurnool, who waits for an opportunity to avenge Redappa and his family for banishing him out of the village for an extramarital affair years ago.
- Naresh as Subramanyam's father.
- Jhansi as Parvathamma; Subramanyam's stepmother, ignorant and rude towards Subramanyam who later teams up with Govind to catch him.
- Tejaswi Madivada as Geetha; Seetha's younger sister, Raj Shekar's son's fiancée.
- Pragathi as Seetha's aunt, Redappa's wife.
- Surekha Vani as Seetha's aunt.
- Pradeep Shakti as Avakai Restaurant Owner in the US.
- Thagubothu Ramesh as Dasu.
- Mast Ali as Asgar; a AC repairer who pretends to be in love with Durga only for her money and later cheats upon her.
- Jeeva as Home Minister Yesupadam.
- Shatru as Bala; a henchman of Govind, who gets beaten up by Subramanyam.
- Prabhas Sreenu as Prabhakar; Seetha's elder cousin-brother, an aspiring filmmaker.
- Narsing Yadav as Narsing; a goon in Govind's gang.
- Fish Venkat as Govind's henchman
- Ranadhir Reddy as Abhi; Seetha's ex-boyfriend who cheats upon her in the US.
- Prasanna Kumar
- Giridhar as Govind's henchmen
- Bhanu Sree Reddy
|Subramanyam For Sale|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||23 August 2015|
|Producer||Mickey J Meyer|
|Mickey J Meyer chronology|
The music was composed by Mickey J Meyer and Raj-Koti (remix of one song from Khaidi No. 786). The music released on Aditya Music Company. Audio was launched on 23 August 2015, held at Hyderabad Shilpakala Vedika by Chiranjeevi on the eve of his birthday.
|1.||"Subramanyam For Sale"||Vanamali||Rahul Nambiar||3:57|
|2.||"I’m in Love"||Vanamali||Aishwarya Majmudar, Aditya||3:54|
|3.||"Aakasam Thassadiyya"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||Krishna Chaitanya, Ramya Behara||3:47|
|4.||"Guvva Gorinka (Remix)"||Bhuvana Chandra||Mano, Ramya Behara||4:21|
- Subramanyam For Sale review by jeevi – Telugu cinema review – Sai Dharam Tej & Regina Cassandra. Idlebrain.com (24 September 2015). Retrieved on 2015-10-23.
- H. Hooli, Shekhar (5 January 2016). "Baahubali to Kumari 21F: Top 20 highest-grossing Telugu/Tollywood movies of 2015". International Business Times India. Archived from the original on 5 January 2016.
- "Chaalbaaz". The Times of India. 20 April 2018. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- Subramanyam For Sale Telugu Movie Review. 123telugu.com (24 September 2015). Retrieved on 2015-10-23.
- Audio Review : ‘Subramanyam For Sale’ – Energetic album. 123telugu.com. Retrieved on 23 October 2015.
- Sai Dharam Tej's Subramanyam For Sale Movie Audio Launch & First Look Teasers Released – Naradha. Naradha.in. Retrieved on 23 October 2015.