Sir Stuart Lipton
Stuart Anthony Lipton
9 November 1942
|Known for||Founder of Stanhope plc|
Co-founder of Chelsfield
|Spouse(s)||Ruth (m. 1966)|
Sir Stuart Anthony Lipton (born 9 November 1942) is a British property developer, a founder of Stanhope plc, and the co-founder of the property company Chelsfield with Elliott Bernerd, and now a co-founder (with Peter Rogers) and partner in Lipton Rogers Developments LLP.
Stuart was born in 1942 to a Jewish family, the son of Bertram Green and Jeanette Lipton (née Lipton). He was educated at Berkhamsted School. His mother cofounded, with her brother Gerald Lipton MBE, the retailer Chinacraft in 1951.
Stuart is Deputy Chairman of Chelsfield Partners  and as of 2015, through his property company Lipton Rogers, is developing 22 Bishopsgate, which will be the tallest skyscraper in the City of London.
Stuart is on the London Finance Commission for the Mayor of London, is a Director of the National Gallery Trust Foundation, and a Trustee of the Royal Opera House Endowment Fund. He has been recognised as an Honorary Fellow Imperial College, an Honorary Bencher Inner Temple, with an Honorary Doctorate (LL.D.) University of Bath and an Honorary Doctorate of Engineering University College London. He was the Edward Bass Visiting Architecture Fellow, at Yale School of Architecture in 2006 and Chairman of the City Finance Commission in 2011.
Stuart was honoured in the Queen's birthday honours receiving a knighthood in 2000.
He has been married to Ruth since 1966.
- Mosley, Charles, ed. (2003). Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knighthood (107 ed.). Burke's Peerage & Gentry. p. 2359. ISBN 0-9711966-2-1.
- "Genr8 Chelsfield Partners". Genr8developments.com. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- Stuart Lipton. "Stuart Lipton: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "The Team". liptonrogers.com. Retrieved 28 August 2021.
- Rubinstein, W.; Jolles, Michael A. (2011). The Palgrave Dictionary of Anglo-Jewish History. Springer. p. 603. ISBN 9780230304666. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Rocker, Simon (7 August 2017). "Obituary: Gerald Lipton". The Jewish Chronicle. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "Put people before buildings, says Sir Stuart Lipton". Estates Gazette.com. 2015-11-21. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- "Sir Stuart Lipton - Lipton Rogers Developments". Lipton Rogers.
- "Lipton knighted in birthday honours". Building.
- "News Article - Diary – 25 June 2016". EGi. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- Aldrick, Philip (2003-02-03). "Son of Stanhope founder aims low". Telegraph. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- BD Plus June 2006 (2012-09-29). "Like father, like son | Features | Building Design". Bdonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-10-08.
- UK Commercial Developers http://www.propertydata.com/pgp/upload/DVDR%20September%202012%20Samples.pdf
- "ADHD Coaches Organization Membership".
- "LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS: Smart regulation, more growth, better Europe NOVEMBER 2011" (PDF).