Captain America: Steve Rogers
Ant-Man and the Wasp Prelude
Stephanie Hans is a French illustrator and comics artist. She is best known for co-creating the series Die, a two-time Hugo Award-finalist, and British Fantasy Award winner, with writer Kieron Gillen. Hans has worked with Marvel Comics, DC Comics, and Image Comics as an artist and series creator.
Hans' art has appeared in a variety of mainstream comics titles, often as a cover artist, including Captain America: Steve Rogers, Ant-Man and the Wasp Prelude, Dark Agnes, Black Bolt with Marvel Comics, and Lucifer, and Batwoman with DC Comics. Hans has also worked with comic book publishers Dark Horse, Valiant, Dynamite, Vertigo, and Boom Studios.
Hans co-created Die with writer Kieron Gillen, which premiered in December, 2018 and is published by Image Comics. The fantasy comics series is about a group of middle-aged adults dealing with the returning horror from when they were teenage role-players. Gillen describes it as "the logical collision between the 1980s Dungeons & Dragons cartoon and Stephen King’s It, or ... a Goth Jumanji.”  Praising Hans' art in co-creating the series, Gizmodo reporter James Whitbrook said, "Hans is equally comfortable at depicting a grimy teen’s bedroom circa 1991 as she is a steampunk battlefield inspired by the bloodshed of World War One, or a towering, magical city of ancient spires." Die was selected as a finalist for the 2020 Hugo Awards, and won the British Fantasy Award for best comic book. The series will end its run in 2021.
Awards and nominations
|2020||Hugo Award||Best Graphic Story or Comic||Die, Volume 1: Fantasy Heartbreaker||Nominated|||
|2021||British Fantasy Award||Best Comic / Graphic Novel||DIE||Won|||
|2021||Hugo Award||Best Graphic Story or Comic||DIE, Volume 2: Split the Party||Nominated|||
- Mohan, Monita. "Interview: Stephanie Hans on making sense of the world of DIE". Bam Smack Pow. Retrieved 2021-04-14.
- "Stephanie Hans: Comics". Marvel Comics. 2021. Retrieved April 13, 2021.
- "Stephanie Hans". DC Comics. 2021. Retrieved April 13, 2021.
- Spry, Jeff (2019-04-29). "Exclusive preview: Kieron Gillen & Stephanie Hans roll out new RPG-inspired horror series, DIE". SyFy. Retrieved 2021-03-29.
- Spencer, Alex (2018-12-10). "We played Die, the 'Goth Jumanji' game fueling Kieron Gillen's new RPG comic book". Polygon. Retrieved 2021-04-14.
- "Die". Image Comics. Retrieved April 13, 2021.
- Whitbrook, James (2019-08-06). "The Perfect Time to Catch Up on Die Is Literally Right This Instant". Gizmodo. Retrieved 2021-04-14.
- Johnston, Rich (2021-02-23). "Stephanie Hans and Kieron Gillen Win British Fantasy Award For Die". Bleeding Cool. Retrieved 2021-04-13.
- Dar, Taimur (2021-02-18). "Gillen & Hans's DIE begins its final story arc in May". Comics Beat. Retrieved 2021-04-13.
- "2020 Hugo Awards". Hugo Awards. 2020. Retrieved November 15, 2020.
- Simons, Dean (2021-02-25). "Image's DIE rolls a win in the British Fantasy Awards". Comics Beat. Retrieved 2021-04-13.
- "2021 Hugo Awards". World Science Fiction Society. Retrieved 2021-04-13.