|St. Ann's Church|
|St. Ann's Church of Morrisania|
|St. Ann's Episcopal Church of Morrisania|
|Location||295 St. Ann’s Avenue, |
Mott Haven, Morrisania,
The Bronx, New York City
|Former name(s)||Morrisania Memorial|
|Founder(s)||Gouverneur Morris Jr.|
|Architectural type||Greek Revival, Gothic Revival|
|Diocese||Episcopal Diocese of New York|
|Churchwarden(s)||Wendy Canas(also) Isabel Santiago|
Gouverneur Morris born Feb. 9, 1813; died Aug. 20, 1888. Founder of this Parish, to which he gave church and lands for the glory of God and in memory of his mother.— Inscription on a plaque to the right of the chancel.
It was built in 1840 and donated by him as a family monument, the Morrisania Memorial. It is a fieldstone building in the Gothic Revival style with a vernacular Greek Revival style tower. The complex includes the stone parish house added in 1916, late-19th century Sunday School and gymnasium building, and a graveyard that includes the Morris family crypt. Among those whose remains are in the graveyard or crypt are Gouverneur Morris (1752–1816), Ann Cary Randolph Morris (1774-1837), Lewis Morris (1671–1746), and Lewis Morris (1726–1798).
- "Home Page". St. Ann’s Episcopal Church. Episcopal Diocese of New York. Retrieved October 26, 2020.
- "Home Page". St. Ann’s Episcopal Church. Episcopal Diocese of New York. Retrieved April 9, 2016.
- "National Register Information System – St. Ann's Church Complex (#90NR00036)". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- McKenney, Janice E. (November 15, 2012). Women of the Constitution: Wives of the Signers. Scarecrow Press. pp. 133–134. ISBN 978-0-8108-8499-1.
- "St. Ann's Church and Graveyard" (PDF). Landmarks Preservation Commission, New York City. June 9, 1967. Retrieved January 14, 2020.
- Spencer–Ralph, Elizabeth; McDarrah, Gloria (October 10, 1979). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory—Nomination Form: St. Ann's Church Complex" (PDF) and accompanying 5 photographs. Retrieved April 9, 2016 – via "Cultural Resource Information System (CRIS)" (Searchable database). > Search > Criteria > National Register Number: 90NR00036 > Search > Results > View > Atts. (2)
- List of New York City Designated Landmarks in The Bronx
- National Register of Historic Places in Bronx County, New York
Media related to St. Ann's Church (Bronx) at Wikimedia Commons