This page allows users to search multiple sources for a book given a 10- or 13-digit International Standard Book Number. Spaces and dashes in the ISBN do not matter.
This page links to catalogs of libraries, booksellers, and other book sources where you will be able to search for the book by its International Standard Book Number (ISBN).
- If you arrived at this page by clicking an ISBN link in a Wikipedia page, you will find the full range of relevant search links for that specific book by scrolling to the find links below. To search for a different book, type that book's individual ISBN into this ISBN search box.
- Spaces and dashes in the ISBN do not matter. Also, the number starts after the colon for "ISBN-10:" and "ISBN-13:" numbers.
- An ISBN identifies a specific edition of a book. Any given title may therefore have a number of different ISBNs. See xISBN below for finding other editions.
- An ISBN registration, even one corresponding to a book page on a major book distributor database, is not definite proof that such a book actually exists. A title may have been cancelled or postponed after the ISBN was assigned. Check to see if the book exists or not.
- The master copy of this page is located at Wikipedia:Book sources.
- Find this book on Google Books
- Find this book at the Open Library
- Find this book on Amazon.com (or .ae, .au, .br, .ca, .cn, .de, .es, .fr, .in, .it, .jp, .mx, .nl, .pl, .sa, .se, .sg, .tr, .uk).
Google Books and Amazon.com may be particularly helpful if you want to verify citations in Wikipedia articles, because they often enable you to search an online version of the book for specific words or phrases, or you can browse through the book (although for copyright reasons the entire book is usually not available). At Archive.org you can borrow and read entire books online.
- Find this book at Karlsruhe Virtual Catalog, a metasearch engine addressing many of the databases linked here and also some major commercial booksellers.
- Find this book at WorldCat free online catalog of the world's libraries
- Find this book at OttoBib.com citation metasearch
- Find this book at Copyright Clearance Center online rights database
- Find this book at Goodreads personal library catalog
- Find this book at LibraryThing personal library catalog
- Find this book at aNobii personal library catalog
- Find this book at iDreamBooks book review aggregator
- Find this book at the Grand Comics Database
- Find this book at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
Subscription eBook databases
- Find this book at Alexander Street Press by ProQuest
- Find this book at eBookCentral by ProQuest
- Find this book at EBSCO Industries eBooks
- Find this book at Gale by Cengage
- Find this book at HathiTrust
- Find this book at Overdrive by Rakuten
- Find this book at Project MUSE
- Find this book at ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Open
- Find this book at Safari Books Online by O'Reilly Media
- Find this book at ScienceDirect
Bookselling and swapping
Non-English book sources
If the book you are looking for is in a language other than English, you might find it helpful to look at the equivalent pages on other Wikipedias, linked below – they are more likely to have sources appropriate for that language.
|ISBN Prefix Ranges||Wikipedia|
|5 (Russia, former USSR)||Russian|
|7 (China, PR)
957/986 (Taiwan, ROC)
962/988 (Hong Kong, SAR)
99937 (Macau, SAR)
|80 (Czech Republic)||Czech|
|86 (Serbia, Montenegro)||Serbian|
|86 (former Yugoslavia)
|86 (former Yugoslavia)
|92||International organizations (multilingual)|
955 (Sri Lanka)
|955 (Sri Lanka)||Sinhalese|
|976 (Caribbean Community)||See English, Spanish...|
9960/603 (Saudi Arabia)
|982 (South Pacific)||See English, French, ...|
These links produce citations in various referencing styles.
- Bibliographical Information on OttoBib (MLA)
- Bibliographical Information on OttoBib (APA)
- Bibliographical Information on OttoBib (Chicago)
- Bibliographical Information on OttoBib (Wikipedia)
- Bibliographical Information on OttoBib (BibTeX)
Find other editions
You can look up ISBNs for different editions of the same book, hardback or paperback, first print or a reprint, even re-editions where the title has changed using xISBN. xISBN's linkages are determined algorithmically, based on the concepts of the Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records.
You can also convert between 10 and 13 digit ISBNs with these tools:
- ISBN converter at ISBN.org
- ISBN converter (with optional hyphenation after conversion) at the Library of Congress
Find on Wikipedia
- Wikipedia:Book sources – "Wikipedia:Book sources" will be clickable in the non-editable version of this page, and will take one to the editable version of this page.
- Wikipedia talk:Book sources – For questions and discussion about this page.
- Wikipedia:ISBN – Guidelines for use of ISBNs on Wikipedia.
- List of academic databases and search engines
- List of digital library projects
- List of online encyclopedias
- List of online databases
- Wikipedia:List of bibliographies
The Wikipedia Library (talk | e)
Research tools and services