|Directed by||Singeetam Srinivasa Rao|
|Written by||Jandhyala (Dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||Singeetam Srinivasa Rao|
|Story by||S. L. Kalyani|
|Produced by||B. Radha Manohari|
|Edited by||D. Vasu|
Sommokadidi Sokokadidi (transl. One toils, another enjoys) is a 1979 Indian Telugu-language action comedy film directed by Singeetam Srinivasa Rao. Kamal Haasan plays a double role as an honest doctor and a happy-go-lucky youth. He was paired with Jayasudha and Roja Ramani. The film was well supported by Prabhakar Reddy, Sarathi, Pandari Bai, Kanta Rao, Ramaprabha and C. S. Rao. This was the first film of Singeetam Srinivasa Rao and Kamal Haasan together.
Sommokadidi Sokokadidi is the story of a well respected doctor and his look alike, who realises that his face is similar to that of the doctor. So he plots a plan to take the doctor's place when he is away from hospital and he starts to pretend that he is the doctor. One day the doctor discovers he has a look alike. He pretends that he is Shekhar. Shekhar goes to rest Ranga's house but fall in love with Ranga's cousin sister at the first sight. Ranga falls in love with Shekhar's fiancée. The climax reveals that Ranga and Shekhar are identical twins. Some goons kidnapped Shekhar for money. Both brothers are reunited and marry their lovers.
- Kamal Haasan as Ranga & Sekhar (dual role)
- Jayasudha as Lily
- Rojaramani as Chellam
- Prabhakar Reddy
- Pandari Bai as Parvathi
- Kanta Rao
- Raavi Kondala Rao
- C. S. Rao
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The soundtrack is composed by Rajan–Nagendra.
|1.||"Tholivalapo"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||4:03|
|2.||"Aakasam Nee Haddura"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:27|
|3.||"Aa Ponna Needalo"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, P. Susheela||4:26|
|4.||"Oh Baala Raja"||P. Susheela||4:03|
|5.||"Abbo Neredu Pallu"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||4:48|
|1.||"Aa Poovanathilum"||Sreekumaran Thampi||P. Jayachandran, Vani Jairam|
|2.||"Aakaasham Nin Swantham"||Sreekumaran Thampi||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam|
|3.||"Ambeyyaan"||Sreekumaran Thampi||P. Jayachandran, S. P. Sailaja|
|4.||"Oh Praananaadha"||Sreekumaran Thampi||S. P. Sailaja|
|5.||"Oru Vasantham"||Sreekumaran Thampi||K. J. Yesudas, S. Janaki|
|1.||"Thoda Varavo Thontharavo"||Vaali||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki|
|2.||"Anandam Adhu Ennada"||Vaali||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam|
|3.||"Anbulla Kannano"||Vaali||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, P. Susheela|
|4.||"Ammadi Kannaippaaru"||Vaali||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki|
- Rao Vemuri, V. (2003). Telugu English Dictionary. Asian Educational Services. p. 498. ISBN 9788120616370.
- "உண்மையான உலக நாயகன் கமலின் சாதனைகளில் சில துளிகள்...கமல் 65' ஸ்பெஷல்..." Asianet News (in Tamil). 7 November 2019. Retrieved 23 June 2021.
- "Jeevikkaan Padikkanam (1981)". Malayalachalachithram.com. Archived from the original on 23 June 2021. Retrieved 23 June 2021.
- "Veteran playwright, writer CS Rao no more". The New Indian Express. 15 April 2020. Archived from the original on 22 April 2020. Retrieved 23 June 2021.
- "Bollywood blockbuster to Kollywood classic: Kamal Haasan picks his 70 favourite movies". Hindustan Times. 13 August 2017. Archived from the original on 13 August 2017. Retrieved 30 November 2019.
- Sri (21 September 2009). "Interview: Singeetam Srinivas Rao". Telugucinema.com. p. 2. Archived from the original on 1 January 2011. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- Narasimham, M. L. (29 June 2001). "End of a comedy era". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 23 June 2021. Retrieved 23 June 2021.