Sir James Alan Noel Barlow, 2nd Baronet
James Alan Noel Barlow
December 25, 1881
|Died||February 28, 1968|
Barlow was born in London, the eldest son of Sir Thomas Barlow, 1st Baronet, Royal physician, and his wife Ada Dalmahoy. He was Principal Private Secretary to Ramsay MacDonald, 1933–1934, and later Under-secretary at HM Treasury.
Barlow was a knight three times over; a baronet and a knight of both the Order of the Bath and the Order of the British Empire; CBE 1918, CB 1928, KBE 1938, KCB 1942, GCB 1947.
- Joan Helen Barlow (26 May 1912 - 21 February 1954)
- Sir Thomas Erasmus Barlow, 3rd Baronet (23 January 1914 - 12 October 2003), naval officer.
- Erasmus Darwin Barlow (15 April 1915 - 2 August 2005)
- Andrew Dalmahoy Barlow (b. 16 September 1916 – 2006), was the father of mathematician Martin T. Barlow.
- Hilda Horatia Barlow (b. 14 September 1919 - 1 February 2017 ) married psychoanalyst John Hunter Padel; their daughter is the poet Ruth Padel.
- Horace Basil Barlow (b. 8 December 1921 - 5 July 2020 )
|Baronetage of the United Kingdom|
(of Wimpole Street)
Thomas Erasmus Barlow