|Directed by||George King|
|Produced by||George King|
George King Productions
|Distributed by||Paramount British Pictures|
Silver Top is a 1938 British crime film directed by George King and starring Marie Wright, Betty Ann Davies, David Farrar and Marjorie Taylor. It was made at Shepperton Studios as a quota quickie.
A gang of criminals decide to swindle an elderly sweet shop owner living in a country village out of her money by producing her "long-lost son" who is really one of their gang. However, once he takes up his disguise he begins to become entranced with the quiet country village and falls in love with the Vicar's daughter. He ends up refusing to help his former criminal associates and reveals his true identity to the villagers.
- Marie Wright as Mrs Deeping
- Betty Ann Davies as Dushka Vernon
- Marjorie Taylor as Hazel Summers
- David Farrar as Babe
- Brian Buchel as Flash Gerald
- Bryan Herbert as Jem Withers
- Polly Emery as Martha Bains
- Isobel Scaife as Aggie Murbles
- Chibnall p.297
- Shafer p.62
- Chibnall, Steve. Quota Quickies: The Birth of the British 'B' Film. British Film Institute, 2007.
- Shafer, Stephen C. British Popular Films, 1929-1939: The Cinema of Reassurance. Routledge, 1997.