This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Sheela is a Bharatanatyam dancer and a trainer. She joined the Chennai-based theatre group Koothu-P-Pattarai where she was performing theatrical arts. Sheela also worked in short films for Kalaignar TV's reality show Naalaya Iyakunar.
In 2016, she played a small role in Arivazhagan's Aarathu Sinam. Her next film To Let was screened at numerous film festivals in 2017 and 2018, and was theatrically released on 21 February 2019. It won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Tamil. She was then roped in her first Tamil serial as a leading role in Azhagiya Tamil Magal telecasted in Zee Tamil. In 2018, she appeared in the thriller film Asuravadham. The next year, she acted in Namma Veettu Pillai and in the Malayalam-language film Kumbalangi Nights. In 2020, she played the title role in Draupathi.
- All films are in Tamil, unless otherwise noted.
|2019||Kumbalangi Nights||Sathi||Malayalam film|
|Namma Veettu Pillai||Thulasi's mother|
|2021||Mandela (2021 film)||Thenmozhi|
|2017–2019||Azhagiya Tamil Magal||Poongkodi||Replaced by Sathya Sai|
- "கலையும் காதலும் ஜெயிக்கும்!" (in Tamil). www.vikatan.com.
- Rao, Subha (26 February 2019). "Seeing Me, If Someone Is Encouraged To Enter Cinema After Marriage, I'll Be Happy: Sheela Rajkumar". Film Companion. Retrieved 27 March 2020.
- Srivatsan S (21 February 2019). "'To Let' film review: A beautiful portrait of memories". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- B. Kolappan (20 November 2017). "Film that portrays the ordeal of house-hunting bags award". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- "Azhagiya Tamil Magal new serial on Zee Tamil". cinema.dinamalar.com.